Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1976 Elite restoration. - Page 27 - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1976 Elite restoration.

7 hours ago, EXCEL V8 said:

That does look good.  Will you need shorter hooks or will the originals work do you think?  I had no idea the foam was in two separate pieces!

Pete

Hi Pete, what do you think about the fit of the diaphragm ? I imagined it to fit with the other side up, but the hooks seem to go better this way. 
A little interference on the four corners.  
Just got to put holes in diaphragm to match seven split pins that hold seat cloth through foam to diaphragm. Could probably move split clips to line up with holes melded in the diaphragm   

9A5C1F60-6C09-4FEB-9ECF-52D5697B40D0.jpeg

Tony 

The world “melted “ in previous post should be replaced by molded.  
Those seven split pin fasteners that attach cloth through central foam then to diaphragm, looks like the ones on the corners will fit straight through molded holes.  I could remove front central one and replace it with two , going around 50mm of centre, to align again with holes in diaphragm.  That then leaves one either side that hasn’t got a hole anywhere near.  Not really keen on punching two holes in the rubber as there would be no reinforced edges. Needs a steel or plastic bush to protect the rubber.  

29C00399-3B76-4103-AB90-6AE1EDE132E9.jpeg

Tony 

I agree will be not good practice adding holes in the new diaphragm. Can you reposition the split pins on the tie rods?. 

Watching with interest. My seats OK ish, but a bit saggy and will be tempted to get a couple of these mini rubbers if they work out.

Tony 

3 minutes ago, Tony D said:

I agree will be not good practice adding holes in the new diaphragm. Can you reposition the split pins on the tie rods?. 

Watching with interest. My seats OK ish, but a bit saggy and will be tempted to get a couple of these mini rubbers if they work out.

Tony 

Hi Tony, looks like two options, first option,don’t fit the two central split pins, then the seat cover could be loose. Option two , punch the rubber and fit these…..

ADFCA4CF-57C0-4B2F-B751-3A704122EB34.jpeg.89182551cf4a339476628037db81e5ce.jpeg

Tony 

The diaphragm looks like a really good fit - how hard did you have to pull on the clips to get them in?  If you want to make extra holes just glue some "washers" made from insertion rubber either side of the diaphragm - I think it would be fine.  Great progress!

Pete

Pete ,  the pull on the clips, well I just needed pliers to help but no major force , quit easy really.  The diaphragm is not drum tight but it’s not loose.  Having zero experience, not sure if tension is correct.  

Tony 

1 minute ago, EXCEL V8 said:

It's bound to be better than a saggy original!  It looks good - it will depend how heavy you are! 😄😉

Pete

Yes Pete weight going back on monthly 😂 It’s good there’s a shortage of Quality Street this Christmas so that should help ph and Turkey 

• Haha 1

Tony 

Hi Tony,

This may or may not be helpful but below is what I found when i took the front seats out of mine

Taken from page two of my diary.

How many spacers does it take to level the front seats???

This many!!!!!

_DSC0021.jpg

Roland

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had a look for seat spaces today , but none in the places I looked 😞 not too much of a drama.  
Next question on seats , am I missing any covers off the side frames? There are plastic covers on outside of seats covering metal work  

F4B546F4-8244-4529-9EB0-D108F112C2BE.jpeg

Tony