Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
dB Noise for Exige 410 Sport - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

dB Noise for Exige 410 Sport

Jcx

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

About 105dB static.  You'll be buggered for most days - think Silverstone Int CIrcuit is the only one I've done with mufflers on exhaust.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jcx said:

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a static and drive-by dB measure for the 410 Sport pls?  I am heading to track in a couple of weeks...

TIA

Assuming you have the standard ss exhaust rather than the Titanium, it will hit 103db + at 5,000 rpm static. 

Driveby in a lower gear accelerating hard you can easily hit over 107db, but all depends where noise meter is and the wind and weather on the day

• Like 1

Sorry, I meant WITHOUT mufflers.  With the mufflers I've done Brands, Goodwood (noisy day) and Bedford.  Car measured 101dB static and I got no warnings on drive by.

• Like 1

This topic can be managed. I was Black Flagged at Bedford for going over 98dB in a car that hits around 105dB when you’re on it... An instructor then told me where not accelerate hard and the rest of the day was fine. 

My mate on the day brought his 3-11... (can hit 116-18dB) that’s similar to yours in terms of noise. We got away with it.

Be aware it’s the Car that will be banned for the rest of the day and not the driver if you get two strikes. 

3 hours ago, auRouge said:

This topic can be managed. I was Black Flagged at Bedford for going over 98dB in a car that hits around 105dB when you’re on it... An instructor then told me where not accelerate hard and the rest of the day was fine. 

My mate on the day brought his 3-11... (can hit 116-18dB) that’s similar to yours in terms of noise. We got away with it.

Be aware it’s the Car that will be banned for the rest of the day and not the driver if you get two strikes. 

Super thank you!  Very helpful.

• Like 1

Having just collected my 410, and finding its bloody loud at full chat I started looking at simple ways to quieten it down for track use.   Has anyone used this contraption from Komotec?

https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-exige/mk3-toyota-v6350380/exhaust/144/db-eater-kt-track-v6?c=884

Seems a good solution and saves swapping out the rather naughty but lovely standard exhaust.

Edited by BlackyF1

54 minutes ago, Jcx said:

3 dB reduction surely can’t help much. 

If the car is just over the limit as stock then it'll mean you will not get thrown off a trackday,  3dB lower is definitely worth it I'd say.

If it works as advertised!

Edited by BlackyF1

1 hour ago, BlackyF1 said:

If the car is just over the limit as stock then it'll mean you will not get thrown off a trackday,  3dB lower is definitely worth it I'd say.

If it works as advertised!

problem is, from what i have heard, the 410 will be way more than 3db over the limit for most tracks.

The 410 in standard trim and used properly will generally get flagged at every TD except doningtons ‘noisy’ day and maybe on a good day at a silverstone 105 day.

I ran 2bulars quiet pipe and it measured 99-101 when tested at different circuits. I was still warned at Goodwood when overtaking someone as somehow the combined noise pinged the meter.

Only seen/heard @Trevsked using the lotus track exhaust on the Evora 430 at Goodwood and castle Coombe and his was comfortably under 100.

Black n gold

Coincidentally I’ve collected my Lotus track exhaust and about to advertise it. Cost me £2400 fitted I seem to remember. Personally I think it’s the best way to go as Lotus approved and does the job perfectly. Will be advertising at £1250.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

@Trevsked, what about the noise then ?
Is this Lotus track exhaust as enjoyable as the default (stainless steel or titanium) exhaust ?
In other words, is it fun enough to keep it mounted definitely ?
Or does it lack a bit of noise ? (perhaps why you're about to advertise yours)

Many thanks !

Personally I think it’s the best sound, for me the std exhaust is just too loud and this is by no means quiet, there’s a vid somewhere from Goodwood, think @stubox has it. I sold my car and it was taken off and for sale.

Trevor.

Those who like shouty exhausts will find it lacking. Those who like being able to forget about noise meters on trackdays will approve.

Still a lovely noise just much quieter obviously doesn’t erupt like standard pipes. Does rob the car of some of the theatre but I can’t help but wonder if it robs some bhp too. It may not, might even make more for all we know but some dyno figures from Lotus would be helpful. Be good if Lotus could show a bit more interest in the issue of track noise as it directly affects many of their customers and I dare say has put quite a few off.

1 minute ago, The Pits said:

Those who like shouty exhausts will find it lacking. Those who like being able to forget about noise meters on trackdays will approve.

Still a lovely noise just much quieter obviously doesn’t erupt like standard pipes. Does rob the car of some of the theatre but I can’t help but wonder if it robs some bhp too. It may not, might even make more for all we know but some dyno figures from Lotus would be helpful. Be good if Lotus could show a bit more interest in the issue of track noise as it directly affects many of their customers and I dare say has put quite a few off.

Yeah.  Sadly the chap I emailed at Lotus did not respond. 

I would rather miss an occasional bit of track action in favour of the screaming noise i enjoy with every drive.  Of course if you are on track every month you will likely feel different.

12 minutes ago, Jcx said:

TBF that still sounds good. @Trevsked did you buy from JCT600 last summer?  and did you sell back to them recently?  I think i recognise the car.

No, bought and sold back to B&C.

Trevor.

2 minutes ago, RedViper said:

2bular

various options available and the only properly engined solution in my opinion 

(I have no affiliation with 2bular, besides being customer)

Better than the Lotus item?

Trevor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trevsked said:

Personally I think it’s the best sound, for me the std exhaust is just too loud and this is by no means quiet, there’s a vid somewhere from Goodwood, think @stubox has it.

Many thanks !
By any chance, does it pop & bang ?
With std exhaust, 380 does a lot, 410/430 not at all.
Perhaps they do with this Lotus track exhaust.

3 hours ago, Jcx said:

TBF that still sounds good.

Yes, seems to make a nice noise 👍
Also note that this exhaust is not valve-controlled, so it should make some nice noise at low revs.