Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 145 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

7 minutes ago, Neal H said:

What’s the point of sending a gun boat if it’s not going to shoot things?

I cannot imagine tem being allowed to actually get to close or fire near them. Remember the cod wars involving the UK fishermen and those troublesome frenchies.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Navy boats with a big net between them.  And "fish" the French trawlers in the net and impound every single one of them.

Remove the French skippers and crew and put them on the ferry they blocked and send it to Calais to drop them off. Rotterdam would be better.

Then send said French skippers a "harbour bill" each week for €1,000 Euro's for the safe keeping of their boats.

Send them a 300 page form, only in English, that they must complete and lodge in person with the harbour master.

Said harbour master then needs to triplicate the form and send to Jersey and UK governments for verification of details. A process that unfortunately takes 3 - 5 weeks to complete.

Once complete, and subject to all outstanding "harbour bills" being paid in full. The skippers and crew can re-board their boats and sail off.

You wanna start a mini war, without guns or injury or death. Fine. You will lose as when pushed, us British can be as belligerent and obstructive as the best of them. 

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

French complaining about British inflexibility is hilarious given their shenanigans over our shellfish exports and the Calais shutdown last year .. with friends like the French, who needs enemies 

4 hours ago, PaulCP said:

In France we just agree to everything and then ignore the bits which we don’t like afterwards, including all EU directives.”
How true!😠

The French are the worst when it comes to compliance with EU Directives, the Brits were the best. 

• Like 1

Dick Strawbridge summed it up well when talking about listed buildings and building control. His Chateaux isn't listed, he wont list it because unlike the UK it is up to the owner to decide. If he doesn't list it he can do whatever he wants to it because, and I quote "the French are a bunch of anarchists at heart".

I must say, a low level frustration with their behaviour has turned into downright outrage over the last 6-9 months.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Personally, I am now even more resolved to avoid purchasing anything French or produced by a French owned company, my wife currently has a Vauxhall which I am shortly looking to replace for her, the replacement won't be anything French. 

This is linked to the behaviour over bivalves which they promised would be no change then reneged. So now to get icenses to fish they have to filll out some forms. Shocking that we are asking them to comply with Brexit agreements as requested by Ursula.

Next up veterinary certificates for Fench cheese and yoghurt.

Meanwhile, from the BBC

“In Brussels, a European Commission spokeswoman said "additional conditions" attached to the new licences were a breach of the Brexit trade deal.”

Would anyone really believe any of the useless EU Commission’s spokespersons knowledge of what is contained within any EU agreement after their shenanigans over vaccine deals😂😂

2 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Yes. Totally do that.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Such a shame that Ursula isn’t aware that the definition of “reciprocity” is not, as she believes “as a collective 27 we are bigger than you so you must give us what we want”

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Emmisions uk lab for cars 👍👍

• Like 1

Only here once

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

A slap is such a French gesture. Lucky he wasnt in England... he would of at least have got an egg 🙂

buddsy 

Or maybe with a glove - then pistols at dawn.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Well the last couple of days have been interesting.

Nissan clearly stated that they would reduce building in Sunderland and close their factory if folks voted Brexit. Oh…. Now they are investing massively and have intentions to build a new EV there. 
Vauxhall are about to announce just the same.

Maybe just Maybe these businesses lied 🤔

• Love 1

Only here once

I think there may well be some government funding involved as well - perhaps Boris could stump up more than some others, investing the money we have saved paying to the EU(?).

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

@exeterjeep you are probably correct. Now we are free of the EU shackles the uk can do such things. When we were part of the EU only they could provide such funding - hence how the transit van production moved out of the UK.

Only here once

I actually think COVID has seriously negated some of the worst from Brexit. Global demand slump has reduced trade everywhere. Furlough scheme protecting jobs. Etc.

Timing is so coincidental and fortuitous that if you were a conspiracy theorist you'd think it was made in Porton Down, released in .......

Obviously for the few on here without a sense of humour, I'm joking....

• Haha 1

The small print.

1 minute ago, Barrykearley said:

When we were part of the EU only they could provide such funding

To other countries with our cash. So we paid the EU to offer incentives for jobs to be moved from the UK 

Funny how the French, Irish, Dutch, Spanish fisherman didn't whine like the babies when their British counterparts were being given it up the arse by the EU. They're now feeling that pain decades later and boy are they whining.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Absolutely correct. We’ve been trodden on for years. 

Now all we need to do is enact immigration policies just like that of the Australians. The Boat loads arriving daily being waved out of French ports is a joke.

Only here once