Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 19 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

As none of our wonderful politicians have said anything positive about the EU, I was hoping that someone who seems to be voting to remain could give us some reasons of their own - not a newspaper or a political party, but a real person.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ChrisJ said:

As none of our wonderful politicians have said anything positive about the EU, I was hoping that someone who seems to be voting to remain could give us some reasons of their own - not a newspaper or a political party, but a real person.

@franjipane is not real, he is an artificial intelligence and avatar created by some super scientists funded by the EU  (only joking of course :) )

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I was looking in my fridge earlier.

it is nice to see that the cucumbers are now a lot more easier to store now they are straighter. Oh and the 18mm minimum roundness of the strawberries means you don't have to eat as many in one go.

all thanks to the eu. 

Now let's think about lack of housing, public services, schooling, nhs....list goes on and on. I blame largely out politicians for all of this. If the huge migration adds such value to our country - then bloody build the houses, schools ,hospitals and get on and fund services

Only here once

You've partly hit the nail on the head there Barry. For me, the idea of the / a EU per se is NOT the issue. In fact, I can honestly see a lot of benefit in a squabble (if that is the right collective term) of nations coming together to:

1. Promote good relationships between citizens

2. Enable trade between states and businesses that ensures a common level playing field and equitable treatment under law (i.e. everyone gets paid on time etc.)

3. Provide improved security for all members and citizens

4. Deliver ease of travel between states and provide safety for all travellers

However, the problem with the EU is that they are not content to operate within this simple remit and they actually crave power and control and place it above democracy in importance. So instead of a squabble of nations that deliver on those four simple things, we get:

1. The deterioration of good relationships between citizens as the EU acts as a re-distributor of wealth, moving wealth and money and from prosperous citizens and handing it those it considers are more needy

2. Barriers to free trade that leads to instance where, for example an Island nations fishery fleet and business is decimated and is forced to look on whilst it's continental neighbours fleet is allowed freedom to rape and pillage the fisheries around the island. An example where one nation is allowed to subsidise the energy prices for business, therefore making its manufactured goods and heavy industries such as steel more competitive. An example where one nation follows the rules and opens up its regulated industries and national infrastructure to privatisation, seeing 70& of it taken over by companies from other states who have abused the rules and classifieds these business as "critical to the state" allowing their governments to effectively bank role the take over. Etc.

3 & 4. Reduced security due to open borders and lax security checks as the covet above all the right to free movement which has resulted in an increase in continental European acts of terrorism and a reduction in security for members and citizens

But all of these negatives are balanced by the desire of the EU to then go further and produce mountains of legislation on:

1. How straight, bent, curved, or big or small our vegatables must be which results in every year mountains of food being destroyed

2. A system of handing out subsidies to uncompetitive industries and for unsustainable farming techniques to promote inefficiency and waste

etc etc.

The EU in principle is not bad. The problem is that we have allowed its remit, its reach, its goals to stretch beyond the reasonable grounds and foundations on which it was built. It needs to be checked, it needs to be trimmed, and it needs to be put back within those original foundations which was all about a common trading block to provide access and a level playing field to trade and economic stability.

Security for Europe is handled in two ways. By individual member states managing their own business and sharing intelligence and co-operating, and by NATO. We do not need the EU for security, ergo, we do not need a European Army and the EU does not need a seat on the UN Security Council - it is NOT a nation. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The South East Asian countries have for many years got it right with ASEAN (Association of South east Asian nations) which is exactly what the EEC should be.

Yes, the ec is bad. It was never meant to be a friendly trade organisation with easy crossing of borders etc. It was meant to be  a powerorgan in it's own right, for the sake of itself and the ones in power, which are not elected in a democratic way. The rest is just bread crumbs casted upon the floor for us, the dogs.

For your own sake as well as a possible one for the rest of us: Vote OUT, while you have the chance!

Please!

Kind regards,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

The point blank rebutting of any change by junker just goes to show how broken it all is.

i would like to see every country given a democratic vote on this - the eu needs disbanding and an old eec arrangement put in place. The experiment is broken and  destroying countries and communities now

• Like 2

Only here once

Turkey's voting for xmas Barry. There's a reason so many ex Prime Ministers like Kinnock et al are in Brussels, and that's a reason why the country's will not be given the votes as the leaders they have are all eyeing up nice tasty positions in the EU when they get voted out. Scandalous.

• Like 2

The small print.

1 hour ago, franjipane said:

I've no idea what you're on about there Barry you're mad as a hatter!

I think we all know that - after all he did buy a knackered V8 esprit.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

It's with some shame - 

The inner capitalist saw an opportunity, risk and potential reward!!

in hindsight - I'd do it all again - very satisfying and worthwhile

Only here once

Well I've decided to spend the evening researching before voting tomorrow. Watching the BBC Debate on iPlayer. Struggling to see any facts so did a bit of googling. found this which was at least interesting, just need to find something as balanced from the other side now:

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

... And here we are.  Welcome to your Day of Days.

Good luck to you all and remember to vote wisely.  There's no going back once you exit the polling place. :-)

maxresdefault.jpg

I wonder if the LEF results will be replicated in the real poll today ...

BrexitPoll.jpg

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

9 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Brexit the movie if you havent already.

Buddsy

Thanks - 10 minutes in and just random statements that we should leave and the "unelected EU bureaucrats"... then Farage. 

Not sure I have time for an hour of unsubstantiated waffle (I'd assuming they'd have lead with headline facts if they had any?).

Anyone know where there is an accurate list of facts and a plan for when we leave, or do we just need to trust Boris, Gove and Farage?

Just noticed the comment about "ex PMs such as Kinnock"; Kinnock was never prime minister.

Edit: I am a genuine neutral trying to make a descision. 

4 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

We won't need to trust Boris, Gove and Farage if we vote to leave. The government will still be the government, not those jokers.

So why are these jokers heading up the campaign, is there no one with credibility available to lead the leave voice?

I think I have come to the party a bit late here - getting the feeling this has all been covered before?