Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 48 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

The increasingly desperate politicians of the EU are now resorting to increasingly nefarious tactics to keep us in. They just cannot stop meddling with our internal affairs...

Do we really want more of this in the future? Are our children and the younger generation (18 - 30 ) really such a self obsessed, liberal, hippy tea supping, tree hugging and plain old stupid group that they are willing to just sleep walk into the future of Orwell, 1984 and Big Brother?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-citizenship-keep-freedom-of-movement-guy-verhofstadt-chief-negotiator-opt-in-passports-a7465271.html

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this such a bad thing - easy movements for Brits in Europe whilst retaining management / control of our borders - am I missing something (are there hidden costs etc..) - I can blame sleep deprivation if I have got this completely wrong (bitch in season at the moment and lots of howling dogs all night!).

They have dangled the carrot but we wont get it unless free inward movement.

But, I believe allowing free movement dependent on a job and no benefits of any kind ever, would work. If I were the UK side thats what I would be offering. That would pretty much keep everyone reasonably happy.

• Gold FFM

I'd gladly volunteer to remove aforementioned carrot from the stick and shove it straight up the ass of any eurocrat you like - with force. Can't guarantee some barbed wire wouldn't find its way round the carrot first though 

Only here once

18 minutes ago, Andyww said:

They have dangled the carrot but we wont get it unless free inward movement.

Those sneaky foreigners, you just can't trust them.

20 minutes ago, Andyww said:

But, I believe allowing free movement dependent on a job and no benefits of any kind ever, would work. If I were the UK side thats what I would be offering. That would pretty much keep everyone reasonably happy.

This would be a sensible approach if it could be policed but based upon our recent brushes with the UK civil service I doubt they could manage a booze up in a brewery so would probably be a complete disaster.

Another lagal challenge by a Queen Counsel Barrister, who obviously believes he knows better than the Queens people what is right for them or what they did and did not vote for.

And to ensure he can circumvent the Quenns peoples wishes, voiced in a democratic process, he is doing it through an Irish Court - that's right the courts of a totally different sovereign state - in an attempt to influence the decision affecting the people of this state. By going through Ireland he is prompting, ney inviting, the European Court to intervene in our nation states business.

Totally shameful act of self indulgence in my humblest of opinions m' Lord and if said Barrister does not like it then he can pay the EU bribe and bugger off to the continent if he so wishes. 

http://news.sky.com/story/second-legal-challenge-to-brexit-could-be-tabled-in-irish-courts-10689932

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I find this all very odd, because the EU line has been not to negotiate or even discuss anything until Article 50 has been triggered. So why do we get this previously staunch EU federalist apparently offering concessions right now?

I smell a rat.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Envoke out now. We could be out in weeks and put all this utter bull to the wall.

im sick and tired of it all now. Lies, smoke, mirrors, utter bullshit and eurocrat stupidity. I'd firmly like to see the germans come crawling to us rather than us needing to go and negotiate a deal.

WTO rules and let's be done with it. I much prefer cider to over ponced champagne anyhow

Won't be long and it will all fall like a pack of cards.

even Merkel now is looking like doing a massive u turn on immigration - she's terrified of loosing her control

Only here once

I would hate to see the Germans crawling towards us. I watched too many war films in my yoof. 

I would however be very happy to see them walk jauntily over to us and have a nice cup of tea, a scone with clotted cream, and a jointly negotiated nice little trade contract between our two great nations. :)

Maybe we could meet half way in Paris but just forget to invite the French PM. That would be cool - the 2017 Anglo-German trade deal signed in Paris. hahahaha.....

The small print.

20 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Envoke out now. We could be out in weeks and put all this utter bull to the wall.

im sick and tired of it all now. Lies, smoke, mirrors, utter bullshit and eurocrat stupidity. I'd firmly like to see the germans come crawling to us rather than us needing to go and negotiate a deal.

WTO rules and let's be done with it. I much prefer cider to over ponced champagne anyhow

Won't be long and it will all fall like a pack of cards.

even Merkel now is looking like doing a massive u turn on immigration - she's terrified of loosing her control

Funny how loss of control is more important than the good of the nation for the politicos.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

FFS.

They accuse the Brexit campaign of lies but this article is complete and utter balls. The EU causes enormous amounts of paperwork for businesses and we have to keep two sets of accounts. The names and addresses of every customer have to be sent to the beauracrats. The people writing this have evidently not spoken to anyone who runs an exporting business. I note they have not allowed comments on the article as I would be in full flow by now on there....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/11/uk-firms-face-more-not-less-red-tape-if-britain-exits-customs-union

• Like 1

News today:

"Unemployment drops by another 16000"

News on the BBC 1 o'clock news just now:

"Total number of people in jobs in the UK drops by 5000 owing to uncertainty caused by Brexit".

• Like 2

I cant ever remember the BBC ever once mentioning the total number of people in work in preference to mentioning the unemployed, until today when it suits them.

Ditto immigration figures. They never used to mention the gross figure, only the net figure, ie with emigration factored in. This completely changed recently when they realised they could highlight the governments failure to control it far better if they mention the gross figure, which they did last time. In reality they should always be reporting both figures as both are important. 

And also, how on earth do they always manage to find the one commuter who supports the rail strikers?

• Gold FFM

So yet again - banks being bailed out cos they've lent money to people who can't repay..... about time all these loans were knocked on the head and folks lived within their means ?? A mortgage I can understand - but I had a mate who with his ex wife racked up a 130%ltv mortgage based on credit cards and holidays refinancing 

Only here once