Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4 standard exhaust. - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S4 standard exhaust.

I currently run a Larini with a 100 cell cat but would like to see how much quieter the standard back box is. Has anyone got one taking up space that some beer tokens may be swapped for??

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I think I weighed a couple in last year - I might be wrong - the S4 and the S4s ones. The trailer is down the bottom of the field loaded with loads of crap piled high - I’ll wander down and have a look.

• Like 1

Only here once

Star man Barry.

I intend to keep both set ups but I have to get her pinging hot to get through emissions so a quiet system to go on for MOT time is always an option. My local garage always take the Michael somewhat when I arrive with any of the 'loud' ones in the fleet (particularly the Ducatis as they are bloody shouty!)

• Gold FFM

Sorry chap 9AB4F6EE-8952-49E2-8EF4-9C5D78EFCB08.jpeg.a398fbe4565ebb537367c75eca4a4774.jpeg
trailer just has the old scaffold and granite worktops on.... I did weigh the lot in....there was my whole ownership of esprit crud in that trailer. 

Only here once

Ha ha, no worries Barry. Hopefully someone else will have one lying around. Steve Strange has one in but I would rather my beer tokens stay 'in house'

That's a great offer thanks. I'm hoping to source an old standard exhaust system so will keep you posted and in mind. Out of curiosity how much louder was she when you swapped out the old cat?

I believe I’ve got one of the Supersports exhausts that probably came from SJ. which was on the car when I bought it. As a silencer, it’s utter rubbish. I also have a de-cat pipe. The booming noise at idle penetrates even my thick skull, and rattles what’s left of the brain. It’s worse on the driver’s side, the passenger side is a bit less noisy, but not much. The wife is always moaning about it, and at some point I’ll cave in and change it for a quieter one, and add a sports cat. On the plus side, when you step on it, it sounds like a Spitfire on full throttle, peeling off to engage an ME109.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

I would be cutting and inserting a 200cell cat into the de cat pipe. Would probably sort your booming and still give enough noise to worry the Fokkers

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...