Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 2 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

Don't see why they expect the foreign teams to be exempted from quarantine after the debacle in Australia.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Will apply to UK teams as well as they will have to enter quarantine on returning from abroad. If exemption is granted to f1 then it will set a precedent a every sport will want the same

Great news. Sure we all want to get back normality as long as there are measures to keep everyone safe and if F1 can do that bring it on. As for the fans yes I do feel sorry for them especially as I would like to consider myself to be one of them having only missed 3 races since my first in 1980. But I understand in these unprecedented times there as to be a compromise and hopefully we can fill the grandstands next year and thereafter.

• Like 1

Any chance you could get in as a marshall @scotty435?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

@scotty435 - yeah, it will be good to see how the teams are shaping up - and whether Williams have made significant improvement.

I have to say though, that I think its a shame that the grid size is now so small to what it was in say the 80's.

• Like 1

I thought there were races planned for Austria, amongst others. So presumably the European mainland race circuits (or more correctly their government advice), is not as strict about quarantining F1 staff as the U.K. is right now. Shame, but if they relax the rule for one, then they’ll have to do it for everyone and I can’t see that happening.

Maybe the F1 technical bods that are skilled in circumnavigating the FIA rules will discover a loophole!

Margate Exotics.

I think Hamilton should ask for Vettel to join Mercedes. This is the kind of thing that can build legends. The Senna Prost rivalry has not been exceeded because all the big names have played it safe by focusing on number 1 spots.

That would make F1 a lot more Interesting and that has to be good for F1. The main problem is that Vettel should probably not do this because in all likelihood Hamilton is just faster and this won’t look great for him.

• Like 2

For me can not see Vettel going to Mercedes unless Hamilton is not there. Vettel as been beat by two competitive teams mates, so going up against Lewis would be a disaster for him in my opinion.

• Like 1

If Bottas moves on, surly it’s time to give the young talent a chance. Mercedes have George Russel on there books, I watched him in all the lower formulas and as always impressed me in the way Hamilton did. I sincerely believe he is a future world champion if he is given the chance.

• Like 1

Yeah, it must suck making over $10m a year and knowing you're not the first choice.  Where do I sign? 

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I don't think Wolf would want to manage Hamilton and Vettel together - there's bound to be a 'coming together' on track.

However, I guess is Daimler are really pushing anything could happen......?

51 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Yeah, it must suck making over $10m a year and knowing you're not the first choice.  Where do I sign? 

From what I've heard, you'd have to take a pay cut.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

don`t forget Hamilton is out of contract too and his wage demands maybe too much for the mercedes board in this strange time. Also not certain that Toto Wolf is staying at mercedes

10 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

From what I've heard, you'd have to take a pay cut.

Yup. But then instead of working 60-70hours a week I'd be working roughly 22 weeks a year, giving me around 34 weeks to splash millions of dollars on champagne, cigars, hookers and fast cars. The rest of course would just be wasted....

(with apologies to Channing Pollock the original author of the quote that was plagiarised from!)