Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sparco spx install to evora 410 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sparco spx install to evora 410

Hi guys, hope you're all doing well in these times of Corona. 

I was getting a little curious and looking for more seating options. Driving regularly on the carbon seats in the evora 410 is a little difficult over the years and I saw that the evora sparcos on the 430 were based off the sparco spx design.  Does anyone know if I could just drop the seat into the 410 without having to change any of the brackets or is that wishful thinking? Thanks all and stay safe 🙏

Yes. Ive done it. They just drop into the same holes. Lotus has even left the wiring in for the heating elements. I got a quote of around 700 to update the dash and wire up fully, but never bothered as I don't drive the car in the winter.

1 hour job. 

Mine

190830-Lotus-0022.jpg

190830-Lotus-0028.jpg

You do however sit higher up which is a shame, and you're not as 'connected' to the car. But they are way more comfortable for me.

Edited by bosshog
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Is there a possibility to adjust the height of the sparcos using those hex-bolts on the side of the seat? Couldn’t find any information on this in the internet, but in the drawings it seems like there are three different positions to set using those bolts to set it higher or lower

Personally I'd be looking at these - £2800 the pair at list I believe. Hmmmm, actually they would look great in my 410 Sport...

image.png

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just bare in mind there are 2 versions of the recaro, one with high seat bolsters as in the Evora and one with low seat bolsters as in some land rovers.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone changed to Recaro Pole Position or Recaro Sportster CS in the Evora 400/410/430?
My 410 has the really beautiful Sparcos but the seating position is (put in any favourable swearword) in my opinion. 
I am completly disconnected and outside. The Recaros in the older Evoras were just perfect. 

So I am definitely changing seats now ...  any tipps or ideas?

2 hours ago, Steffen_Leitgeb-LSWGmbh said:

Has anyone changed to Recaro Pole Position or Recaro Sportster CS in the Evora 400/410/430?
My 410 has the really beautiful Sparcos but the seating position is (put in any favourable swearword) in my opinion. 
I am completly disconnected and outside. The Recaros in the older Evoras were just perfect. 

So I am definitely changing seats now ...  any tipps or ideas?

I have gone the other way with the 410 cf seats into my older S. The cf seat frame runners have different hole spacings to the Recaros. You will need to drill new fixing holes and move the captive bolts in the chassis. I don’t know if the non cf runners are any different in the 400 cars.