Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Centre switch bulb replacement - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Centre switch bulb replacement

Does anyone know where to get replacement bulbs for the centre panel switches on the later dash cars?

These types of buttons as below.

The bulb itself just pulls out of the back of the switch easy enough, but it's a complete unit with the plastic holder thing. I've attached an image of that also.

These are apparently late Peugeot 205, but I just can't find the bulbs anywhere.

I only need one, and it's not that essential really.. but it's bugging me I have one not working!

Cheers.

aa429086d4fc2e1503ef13459934d49483e442ad.jpg

switch-bulb.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers. Yes I found they are on the 205 and the 106 but I can only find complete switches. I’m trying to find if the bulb on its own is available if poss as it would save us all buying entire switches when the bulbs go.

They're easily removable so must have been designed to allow the bulb to be changed with a spare one. 

I'll check but I think I have a spare for you.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

I’ve actually got a spare switch I’ve managed to pinch one from thanks Mike, but as time goes on we’ll run out of spare switches which I later why I wondered if it was a part available separately.

It may be the bulb itself can’t be gotten separately. Be a shame if that’s the case though. 

Cheers Mike. Looks like I could do with one after all. 
I had a spare but it doesn’t seem to work. And on closer inspection that switch didn’t even have a bulb in there to begin with! :(

@Glyn Harper Sorry - I've checked and cannot find those switched.  They may have been included in the stuff that went with the damaged MY02 chassis.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

How do you remove the lamp? I've looked at the back of a windscreen heater switch and not seen anything obvious. There is a cross shaped protrusion in the middle of the back of the switch that slides in and out about half a millimetre but does not feel like it's going to come out without breaking.

19 minutes ago, sailorbob said:

How do you remove the lamp? I've looked at the back of a windscreen heater switch and not seen anything obvious. There is a cross shaped protrusion in the middle of the back of the switch that slides in and out about half a millimetre but does not feel like it's going to come out without breaking.

Yeah it's that bit. It should just pull out.

Had to be brave and pull on it harder, it's a little bit different to yours. I have not attempted to remove the lamp from its holder but it looks like it is just a capless lamp with long leads. Unfortunately there is no identifying markings on the lamp.

TRW_switch_bulb.jpg

Thanks for checking @sailorbob 

I've not been able to find these separately at all. I did find someone selling a few Peugeot 106 fog light switches though on Ebay, so I've bought a couple so at least I can raid them for bulbs as they were only about £2.50 each.

Be nice if there was an actual source for the bulbs, but possibly not. I'd need to find a Peugeot 106 parts manual I guess!

Edited by Glyn Harper

I've actually just registered and asked the question on a Peugeot 106 forum, so I'll see if that yields anything and post back here if it does. Although it doesn't look like a massively active forum!

I looked on an online Peugeot EPC yesterday and could not see the lamps listed separately under the 106 or 205 models. I haven't got a multimeter here so I cannot work out the wattage of the lamps but with that information and the diameter (3/16") it may be possible to source a replacement.

Thanks. They look like they're moulded into the holder though which is why they look to be a tricky fix to just swap them, as no doubt the bulb on it's own would be something that's easy to find. But the holder has to be there to give them the bright/dim function when they are pressed in.

• Gold FFM

Does the bulb come out of that plastic housing? The bulb itself looks very much like a W2 (aka type 286) panel bulb like this:

https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/498/category/91

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)