Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
410 Brake Pad Options - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

410 Brake Pad Options

Hi All,

Anyone have any suggestions for brake pads on Exige 410s?

I’m not really liking the lack of initial bite in the std pads so looking for something a little more aggressive. I’m used to running Pagid RS-14s on all my previous Elises but finding 410 pad options doesn’t seem too straightforward.

Any pointers much appreciated 👍🏻

So, to be clear, they’re exactly the same pads fitted to all other V6 Exiges even though the larger(?) standard J hook Alcon discs are on the car?

This would make purchasing options easier (as in it simply becomes a choice between maker/compound) as I can’t find any specific 410 fitment mentioned anywhere. @Seriouslylotus any advice on this? 🙂

Cheers for all the advice so far.

37 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

As I just put on the other thread :)
https://www.seriouslylotus.com/braking/brake-pads/performance-friction/performance-friction-front-brake-pads-exige-v6-evora

PF08 have a really good immediate bite. Downsides are more brake dust and a bit of squeaking (not enough to annoy me though).

@GFWilliams thanks very much, I can’t see the other thread though, could you post a link? 👍🏻

I think if you go away from the standard AP racing pads you will get squealing as the aftermarket pads all appear without a backing plate. No issue for track but on road a pain. 

I have just gone back to the AP’s

16 hours ago, Tex said:

I think if you go away from the standard AP racing pads you will get squealing as the aftermarket pads all appear without a backing plate. No issue for track but on road a pain. 

I have just gone back to the AP’s

I thought the standard pads in the cars were Ferodo DS2500 not Ap?

PF8 or RC6 is next for me - I can't live with the poor initial bite of the DS2500. Yes more noise and rotor wear but given the annual mileage and limited number of TDs I should be fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've seen 2 different diameters for rotors, 332mm and 343mm. Am i right to think that the contact patch is actually the same? And if so, how can the bigger disc fitted to the OEM bell? 

• 4 weeks later...

So the options seem to be PFC08, RS14 or CL RC5+ or RC6.

Anyone have experience of multiple pads and can give a view?

I recently moved to a v6. Previously ran an Elise in which I had CL RC6 - the pads which were absolutely mighty.

The first time I braked after fitment, I felt like I was going to go through the windscreen vs OE disc bite.

Absolutely no fade with the RC6 and you could just take the micky on the brakes on track - obviously given Elise power, you’d need to make up as much as you could by braking harder and later - these seemed perfect.

A bit of noise but not too bad - a light hiss - enough to say racecar but not enough to bother anyone.

Previously had some PFC01 on a v8 M3 and they were like nails on a blackboard when cold!

The RC6 didn’t seem to lose their retardation qualities down to the wear limits.

Highly recommended. No questions what to get next time I needed pads for the Elise.

Am Now looking at pads for the 380 and wondering if to go for the RC6 again or RC5+ for slightly better disc life.

• 7 months later...
On 16/07/2020 at 10:20, GFWilliams said:

I believe the 410 doesn’t have larger brake discs. They’re the same diameter, just 2 piece and J hook.  @Seriouslylotus will clarify though I’m sure :) 

yes George is correct.

410 discs and pads are the same size as V6s , 350 sport, 380 sport etc etc 

J hook discs are APracing not Alcon

• 5 months later...

Anyone have experience of Endless Pads for the Exige ?

I have used them on other track cars and they are excellent 

https://www.automek.co.uk/collections/lotus-exige-s1-s2/products/endless-mx72-performance-brake-pads-lotus-exige-3-5-410-17mm-thickness-2018-onwards-front-brake-pads-rcp100