Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
40 Years Of Production - Lotus Cars - Lotus Factory '40 years of Production' Day - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

40 Years Of Production - Lotus Cars

LEF are having an area too with our stand and 4 cars:

Esprit S1 - 100G - Gordon Masson - First ever production Esprit

Esprit GT1 Replica - Mike Sekinger

Esprit GT1 - Mike Sekinger (lucky sod!)

Esprit S3 Turbo - BigSi

The real GT1 will also be a part of the display action on the Hethel Test Track, I'm driving :)

Details of the day are:

To Celebrate 40 Years of Production at Hethel, Group Lotus are holding an Open Day for the Lotus Enthusiast

SUNDAY 23RD SEPTEMBER 2007

AT HETHEL, NORWICH

10am - 5pm

Lots to do and enjoy - here are but a few:-

~ F1 Cars

~ Museum of Vintage Cars

~ VIP Guests

~ Lotus Clubs and their cars on display

~ Wheel changing competition

~ Lotus Product Old and New on display

~ Demo laps of Lotus Product -

Pay on the day

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CRAP......

Wasn't going to go to this as I can't really afford to do both Kimbers n the factory visit, plus another trip for our track day.......

Was deffo doing Kimbers....... Just to get him ratted....... N laugh atlot..... LOL

Now I gotta do this aswell...... anyone up for sharing a bed n helping a poor man out...... :cheers: LOL I don't snore too much promise :)

Simon

Chunky Lover

Sorry guys, forgive the confusion....hard of understanding bimbo head here! Am I right in thinking there is a 'do' for Kimbers on the 6th, and then an LEF 'do' on the 22nd, and then another Lotus day on the 23rd.? On the Saturday 22nd, is this the same as last year's factory day? So could you attend the factory day on the 22nd. and the carvery dinner,(is there an alternative for those who don't eat meat?) stay over and go to the special Lotus day on the Sunday? That's what I'd like to do if that's what's on offer! Simon, with deep regret, I'll have to pass on sharing a room with your snoring!!

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Katie,

The Factory day is the 23rd.

We're stopping the night before at the same place as last year (The Wensum) and some are also stopping the Sunday night.

The Factory day is the Lotus day.

Hope this helps,

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

My birthday party is on the 8th Katie. Currently about 30 members coming so the more the merrier.

As Graham said, the factory day is 23rd, with a bit of a booze up on 22nd evening....and 23rd evening if last year was anything to go by! :cheers:

Because of this, most people are booking a couple of nights so they don't miss the fun.....of either event!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Got our tickets, booked both nights :cheers:

Is it right we are getting a coach from the hotel?

If so, will this result in people (not having to drive next day)

getting really, very really, battered in a landbased style?

Fancy dress?

:)

Yep....Coach from and back to the Hotel. No driving involved = even more amber nectar being poured liberally down throats!! :) Must remember my Migrane tablets....I sense one coming on the next day! :cheers:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

thats the rooms booked for both the 40th do's, and finally got tha ticket for the factory event using the shortcut above :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Iain

There a new invention out called the Aeroplane. I believe it means you can go from one country to the next, reletively cheaply and quickly.

Might I suggest calling up an Aeroplane company, I believe there's a new one near you, Quantas, and book a place?

Iain

There a new invention out called the Aeroplane. I believe it means you can go from one country to the next, reletively cheaply and quickly.

Might I suggest calling up an Aeroplane company, I believe there's a new one near you, Quantas, and book a place?

...just send me your GPS coordinates Kimbers, and I'll send you an 'aeroplane'...heh heh heh :)

scareto6.th.jpg

I'm too skint, and too tight with the rest, which is not much. Did I mention skint?

Iain

Edited by iainskea

Hi,

Just purchased my 40th celebrations ticket. The only stupid thing is, if I've got to go to the Royal Norfolk showground, then to Lotus cars. I will be making a longer trip than if I went direct to the factory, I'm 15 minutes away from the place! :crybaby: Still, it will get sorted! :thumbup:

See you all there. I'll be the one with his eye attached to a camera lense most of the time, trying to look pro! I'll prehaps only actually get to see everything later on video! :w00t:

Owen.

. I'll be the one with his eye attached to a camera lense most of the time,

Owen.

This brings up an interesting question, can we use cameras whilst on the factory site? and do our confidentiallity agreements still stand or will we need new ones?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I will check Howard but I would think that on such a big event it would be impossible to police, especially with camera phones etc nowadays. I would have thought that they would just make sure anything sensitive is well out of our way.

Watch this space :thumbup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I will check Howard but I would think that on such a big event it would be impossible to police, especially with camera phones etc nowadays. I would have thought that they would just make sure anything sensitive is well out of our way.

Watch this space :w00t:

At the 50th party cameras and videocams were allowed... I had no camera phone these days... :thumbup::w00t:

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Are we going to go for LEF T shirts this time then Bibs?

• Gold FFM

Last one still gets a weekly outing. Must be time for a new one.

Had a receipt through from Lotus for

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I'm up for a new polo shirt :thumbsup:

Have had neither receipt nor ticket, although agree that message said tickets won't be sent out until early September.

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Did we like the last ones? I'll speak to the same guy if so :thumbsup:

NO!

You gotta problem with pink Kimbers?

Everyone else seemed to like the shirts :thumbsup:

Graham.