Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
350: upgrade to 380 exhaust ? - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

350: upgrade to 380 exhaust ?

On 26/07/2020 at 08:20, Kristof Thys said:

@GoldenGun I have Larini headers, Europipe sportcat and completely modified OEM valved back box (valve open= straight pipes, valve closed = absorMption track). All in 63.5mm piping. I can control my valve independently from rpms so valve closed is "quiet" all over the rpm range. Valve open is... well...inferno 😁👌

Hi Kristof, don't suppose you've any pics of the internal modifications made to the stock rear box?  Did you replace the perforated large internal pipe completely with a solid one and if so how did you route the small internal pipe to ensure it still functioned?  I'm considering doing something similar so welcome any pointers!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
15 hours ago, PJ said:

If I were to get a new valved exhaust from Jim for my Exige S, would it be recommended to use the 380 valved road system or rather the 70mm valved road system for Supercharged? 

Looking for great performance and sound 'out of the box' solution. 

https://www.2bular.co.uk/exige-380/evora-400410-road-system

https://www.2bular.co.uk/exige-s-v6/evora-s-70mm-diameter-valved-system

Not made up your mind yet? I thought the 2Bular would be on the car by now 😄

Was in doubt, initially opted for non valved but canceled as I do prefer a loud sound when I want but also not so loud when I want..

In conclusion, as I don't really track race, I ordered the valved road system for the Exige 6 with Jim and hope to get it placed soon. Happyhappy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 29/07/2020 at 13:07, E1EXG said:

Yes I believe it was the down pipe & silencer.

It had totally transformed the car👍

So do the 380 y-pipe and s-pipe use the same mounting point / exhaust hanger as the V6/350??

I know the 350 and 380 systems have a slight different design (besides the difference in pipe diameter)...

Thanks!

@SCCZthe Valved system with Ti tips. I liked the previous Ti tips much better with the curved edges as I like the exhaust tips to be visible which these are not (with regular use). Awaiting custom made tips now from elsewhere. Choise of exhaust depends on how much sound you want, I expected it to be louder 4sure. Delivery time was fine. I don't question the craftsmanship of 2Bular. 

• 3 months later...

I just installed the 380 full exhaust (manifold, Downpipe, muffler) and can confirm that it is indeed a direct bolt on.  Previously had full catless Larini system.  Putting back all the factory heat shields was a quite a challenge with no instructions!

Impression, it is just as loud if not louder than Larini, which is quite surprising given that I now have the factory cats on the manifolds.  No more stinky smell though! 

Edited by KIMUTAKU

• 2 months later...

I believe the downpipe was £540 from deroure.  It included the replacement hangar. 

Looking at deroure, the part number for the silencer seems to be D132S0217F, which is £1750+VAT ? 

will let someone else confirm, as it seems pricey!

Edited by GoldenGun

15 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

Get a 2bular set of manifolds and down pipes :)

Good idea. So an engine protection kit from 2bular with singular sports cat (for MOT) and a 380 back box? Have you heard this setup before 

1 minute ago, GoldenGun said:

I believe the downpipe was £540 from deroure.  It included the replacement hangar. 

Thank you. According to deroure the 380 back box is £1664 so about £2200 in total for the full system excluding fitting? 

2 minutes ago, Dicko4 said:

Thank you. According to deroure the 380 back box is £1664 so about £2200 in total for the full system excluding fitting? 

The part number I found was a bit more expensive.  I managed to find a great condition used silencer which helped reduce the price a bit.  

2 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Thank you. Yes I suppose so but the 2bular road back box would cost me about £1600 and I prefer the trapezoid tip if I had to choose 🙂 also its a brand new car im look at so I feel the 380 system would keep the warranty intact 🤞

1 minute ago, GoldenGun said:

The part number I found was a bit more expensive.  I managed to find a great condition used silencer which helped reduce the price a bit.  

Ahh yes the part number changed and the new part for the back box is £1747? I would like to find a used silencer but I know they are desirable so im assuming I will have to get a new one.

Has anyone heard a 2bular engine protection kit (with singular sports cat)  fitted with the standard 350 backbox? Is it any good or is the 350 backbox too restrictive? I understand this goes against my warranty comment above but just in case I buy a used car with no warranty. Thanks 

11 minutes ago, Dicko4 said:

Ahh yes the part number changed and the new part for the back box is £1747? I would like to find a used silencer but I know they are desirable so im assuming I will have to get a new one.

Well, i would be happy to sell mine if I could find a nice cheap used titanium silencer instead!

1 hour ago, GoldenGun said:

Well, i would be happy to sell mine if I could find a nice cheap used titanium silencer instead!

Thanks for your reply.

Do keep me posted if you find a titanium exhaust any time soon 🙂 

Quick questions about your exhaust set up please. Im assuming your car is a 350 sport? Is your car now as loud as a 380? Does it pop and bang like one and have that sort of gargly sound?  I know these may sound like daft questions but I've read for example the 410/430 Exiges have the same exhaust as the 380 but they have a slightly different ECU tune and do not to pop and bang much (something to do with EU sound regulations I believe).

Thanks 

I would look around for a set of used 380/410 y-pipe, s-pipe and silencer first.  There are lots of fellow owners ditching their OEM system after going aftermarket.  Ordering from Lotus is quite pricey as you can see.  I managed to pick up my entire 380 system from a local owner for dirt cheap.  He didn’t need it, I wanted it (the OEM manifolds mainly), it was a win-win.

It pops and bangs like crazy, I can guarantee you that LOL.

My previous de-catted Larini system did that too and my current 380 setup does it just as much if not more.  Love it.

6 hours ago, Dicko4 said:

Thanks for your reply.

Do keep me posted if you find a titanium exhaust any time soon 🙂 

Quick questions about your exhaust set up please. Im assuming your car is a 350 sport? Is your car now as loud as a 380? Does it pop and bang like one and have that sort of gargly sound?  I know these may sound like daft questions but I've read for example the 410/430 Exiges have the same exhaust as the 380 but they have a slightly different ECU tune and do not to pop and bang much (something to do with EU sound regulations I believe).

Thanks 

Sadly I’m not hopeful on the titanium muffler but will be happy to keep you in mind if I find one! :)

Yes, mine is a 350 and I think it sounds v similar to the 380 now but I can’t remember if it is exactly the same. 

I noticed @Kimutaku mentioned the manifolds... the 380 downpipe fitted directly to the OEM manifolds, I thought the manifolds were the same on the 350/380 but perhaps someone can confirm ?

11 hours ago, GoldenGun said:

I noticed @Kimutaku mentioned the manifolds... the 380 downpipe fitted directly to the OEM manifolds, I thought the manifolds were the same on the 350/380 but perhaps someone can confirm ?

They are.

• Like 1