Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hendy lotus exeter devon - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hendy lotus exeter devon

Had an essential drive round this am, including the back of the Hendy Exeter site on the way to do some food shopping. Although there may be 3 cars being delivered on Monday, there was no sign of anything Lotus. No new signs/branding etc. Did see a skip round the back....but that has been there for a couple of weeks. 

Will have to some more shopping on Monday or Tuesday morning.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bibs said:

There may be some new dealer CI on the way so I'd imagine it would make sense to wait for that rather than install some then have to replace it very soon after.

Yes I had heard a bit about this from someone else.

Maybe I could lend them a few flags etc just to show that something might be happening..

One of the showrooms (now Mini) on Marsh Barton was empty some years ago and they put up some cheap looking signs to promote that a Jeep dealer was going to open there in a few weeks. Mind you they did not last long, then there was no Jeep dealer again for a year or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Tucked away around the back I spy these. Nobody can see them and I probably shouldn’t have been in there but nobody around at all.

3D65FD1E-03EA-4923-A7C9-272A43466B15.jpeg

8F44DF87-82ED-409A-A1D6-944499A23EE8.jpeg

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

2 hours ago, mayevora said:

Tucked away around the back I spy these. Nobody can see them and I probably shouldn’t have been in there but nobody around at all.

The Moke could be a cool car, Hendy Poole is the new Moke importer for the UK.

I went round yesterday and it is a mess round the back of their showroom/workshop. 

28 minutes ago, HendyLotusExeter said:

Hendy Lotus Exeter

Welcome to the world of Lotus cars, look forward to visiting at some time. Do you have plans to have an official opening, and when will you start doing parts etc. I am not in need for anything immediately but will be interested in a couple of new rims for the Evora at some time.

Thanks guys!

@exeterjeep We are very much in the set up stage at the moment, and one of our difficulties is obviously the restrictions now and going forwards. We are however, making some plans for the summer so watch this space! Please feel free to make any suggestions of course...?

If you are looking for parts, I am sure my colleagues in Poole can assist in the short term, with collection via Exeter, so please do let me know if you need anything?

• Gold FFM

Hi Lloyd

Excellent that you have joined TLF today and great to hear from you on the forum. 
A lot of people including myself really quite excited to have a Lotus official dealer local to us again after such a long period without one. I can imagine never easy doing an opening and especially in these mad times we are all going through right now. 
I really hope Lotus business will be good for you in Exeter and wish you much long term success.
Look forward to meeting you at sometime in the near future.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

It will be good to have a Lotus dealer again in Exeter, there have been 2 in Exeter (on the Matford estate)  in the past and one to the east of Exeter. The last one closed just over 10 years ago. Ian has had several Lotus cars as you can see from his profile and I am on my 10th - my second Evora.

Looking forward to see the new 131 later this year.

• Like 1

Great to have another Lotus dealer onboard. I’m sure there will be more joining the network, with Type131 on the horizon? Very exciting times for Lotus!👍👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I see Hendy Lotus Exeter is also now on the Lotus cars dealer map.

My current Evora is a GT430, one of 2 in Porsche olive green. So if there is an official opening then there may be other local owners who could display their cars alongside your new stock/demos.

• 3 months later...

Hendy targets July completion for new Lotus Cars Exeter dealership

https://www.am-online.com/news/dealer-news/2021/06/25/hendy-targets-july-completion-for-new-lotus-cars-exeter-dealership

Went round there today and there are 2 skips filled up outside where I think the new entrance will be. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Drove round the back of Hendy Exeter yesterday, looks as if the outside building work has completed, there is a new door/window in where there was a metal shutter, and behind the new door/window was a new shutter, so I could not see inside.  There is no Lotus outside signage yet.

• Gold FFM
On 15/07/2021 at 16:23, exeterjeep said:

There is no Lotus outside signage yet.

I drive past it 7-8 times per day and still look every time. I just can’t consider it a Lotus main dealer yet until I see a Lotus sign outside and cars on the forecourt.

• Like 2