Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Couple of questions - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Couple of questions

SCMTBCOACH

Ok so ordered these in the end 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Evora-TPMS-Tyre-Pressure-Sensor-10-22-BLACK-STEM-PRE-CODED/373133539110?hash=item56e07df726:g:5PAAAOSw2TFfJJEZ

The Saab ones they only had 3 in stock and the ones from Germany were going to ages to get here. This is a uk supplier and the blurb looks good and they had a multibuy discount. More importantly they come in black! 

will update how they go 

Cheers Paul 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As an update i got the TPMS sensors, all work great. Also have the new PS4's all round. grip is mind-bending! I have mainly driven it in the wet (Scotland in November) and it is just bonkers the speed it can corner! Dropped the pressures to 30 front and 33 rear which come up to 33 and 37 hot (normal driving) and that seems to be a great compromise between grip comfort and economy.

In other updates I think I am getting to the bottom of my water ingress issue. Seems to be coming from the front bulkhead (just to the right of the steering Colum out of a hole which is a bolt or a rivet?) any help on how to fix much appreciated! (assuming i just need to seal it up!) it is not a bad leak but still annoying! 

other than that the car is incredible, I just can't get over the steering and ride. it is just magic. I am still just scratching the surface of what it is capable of. also really enjoying having a slower car.... my licence feels alot safer! :) 

No photo description available.

I wonder if the guides from lotus were meant as cold or warm pressures? with the TPMS onboard you would think it would be warm pressures? For me the lower pressures when cold but up at recommended when warm makes more sense for sure. 

Cheers Paul 

The pressures in the Owner’s Manual are always cold pressures. 

Pressure (cold) - normal driving conditions
- front 2.4 bar (35 psi)
- rear 2.6 bar (38 psi)
- high loads and/or speed
- front 2.8 bar (40.5 psi) - rear 3.0 bar (43.5 psi)”

Absolutely. 

Don’t forget that those pressures are for the OEM Pirellis. Michelins seem to work better with lower pressures, regardless of the size. (I use 1.8 & 2.0bar for 19/20s which, annoyingly, is below the TPMS threshold. Which is why I got it switched off!) 😂

6 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Absolutely. 

Don’t forget that those pressures are for the OEM Pirellis. Michelins seem to work better with lower pressures, regardless of the size. (I use 1.8 & 2.0bar for 19/20s which, annoyingly, is below the TPMS threshold. Which is why I got it switched off!) 😂

ah right cool, that is annoying with the TPMS, 

I quite like it, good to see the pressures rising up and down as you drive easy and harder! 

I swear the car is playing tricks on me the speed it can corner and i will don't feel like i am working the tyres hard and the steering is to light and wonderfully accurate but not a hint of understeer. It is abit freaky to be fair! ha ha

Chees Paul 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/11/2020 at 20:38, Reindeer said:

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the BOE kit in total?

I paid £485 for it including postage direct from BOE in America.  Don't know what the import tax and customs charges are going to be yet! Sort of hoping customs are so busy trying to prep for brexit they just let i through! ha ha!    

23 hours ago, Jason Trevor said:

BOE kit is amazing transforms the car , I’m gonna get mine rollin road tested soon to find out the figures

would be interested to see the figures. I am mainly getting it for the noise and throttle response but some extra horses would be nice as well :) 

On 30/11/2020 at 20:38, Reindeer said:

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the BOE kit in total?

Tax and duty has come in at £98 so £583 total. 

arriving on the 10th so hope to get it fitted soon :) 

Cheers Paul 

• 1 month later...

Just redirecting this back to the tyres having a nosey on Michelin's website it appears they've introduced 18 inch sizes in the PS4S that suit the Evora at factory width/sidewall sizes.

Screenshot_20210113-201735~2.png

• Like 1