Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
v8 esprit - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

v8 esprit

lee glennon

Hi All ,

I am a fan of the elite , ecat and excel and have owned a few . Getting back in the game and have just bought an elite s2 . Chatting to a friend about the car and as these things go . He mentioned a friend of a friend ( you know the score . has a v8 lotus on a 96 plate for sale . I have looked at it and it looks fairly strait , but the owner of the last 7 years has kept it legal but not given it a lot of love . I know its a long shot , but what do you think this car would be worth ? . I know this is a how long is a piece of string question , but what would a low of the low v8 price be in the current climate .

Thanks 

Lee

• Gold FFM

I’d be very wary and careful of any v8 like what you describe.

costs can very quickly spiral - suspension parts you can budget £2k - if the engine is knackered £10-15k......

Only here once

Thanks for the rely , he is asking ten grand , just passed its mot and body looks straight and engine sound good with no smoke . He has been honest with me and said he has kept it going on a shoe shring , cheap tyres , one fuel tank blocked off as leaking and hole cut in body to replace alternator . Some electrics not working , wipers , fuel gauge and rear lights ? , is it worth a punt ? . Even as a breaker 

You can’t go far wrong at £10k so I would go for it. 👍🏻
Agree with Barry though as these are mega bucks to fix up if you get a bad one, my 96 V8 needed liners resealing at 23000 miles.

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• Gold FFM

If you're willing and able to do a lot of the work it needs yourself it's probably worth a punt at that price I'd have thought. Just be prepared for a lot more work than the obvious things you've reported if it's been run on a shoe string.

Fuel gauge probably isn't broken. It won't be working because of the blocked off fuel tank.

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

Hi All , i had another look today and im not sure , The owner is now saying he has had other offers nearer to 14 grand , I think he hooked me in with the cheap price , that would have stretched me anyway . I have told him i will leave it for now . And if he cant get rid I would probably have another look . I runs ok but the right bank has a hint of smoke . This would have been a cheap car as an investment , but looks like i need to curb my enthusiasm . thanks for the information and replys chaps.

Lee

yes i think i have been slightly naieve . Got hooked in by my enthusiasm . Ten gran is probably was its worth . I expect its too be sale fore a while unless someone with more money thank sense wants to take it on . I will keep you all updated , you never know ? . 

Kindest Regards 

Lee

• Like 2