Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bugatti Blue Esprit S4 Revival - Page 3 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Bugatti Blue Esprit S4 Revival

PS - Also, where does that plastic honeycomb grille come from? I've not seen one like that before. On my own car its a feeble wire mesh thing but yours looks quite substantial but obviously specifically made for that opening

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Simon,

Parts are galvanic plated (zinc) and passivated.  Smaller parts/fasteners were cadmium plated.

Grille was bespoke made, CNC cut. I'll try to find out more about it for you.

Front inlet mesh.jpg

• Like 1

MrDangerUS

• 2 months later...

Hi John,

Just browsed your thread, thought to offer opinion on the question of the car's colour. Seems I've been graced with high sensitivity to colours, and I'm old enough to recall the AMC cars to which you'd referred in earlier postings. No way this Esprit is of that colour applied to the Rebel as I recall it, however the correlation with Bugatti is spot on. At a GGLC West Coast Lotus Meet in '94 Kiyoshi Hamai was trundling about the Sears Point Pits in an EB110 provided by Lotus for promotional purposes. In fact I took a brief, pedestrian ride in the jump seat and confidently recall the car's colour as a match for that of your SE.

Cheers

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The car has been finished this spring and running quite well, except hi-rev problem from the get going.

After a couple of spirited drives the 2-nd gear stopped working. Back in the shop. Gear box was disassembled and and found that brand new (SJ "substitute" part) 2-nd gear synchro spring failed. Also, the substitute spring was too short! Old original spring was installed an shifting got "normal" again.

The only problem to be solved is hi rpm when idling and between the shifts. TPS and block water temperature sensor were replaced fixing problem for the short time. After a while, the problem came back. WTF?

Any ideas how to fix hi-revs problem or what to replace next?

Thanks

MrDangerUS

• Gold FFM
On 15/12/2020 at 11:32, MrDangerUS said:

Michael,

Those are brake lines, not tucked away, yet.

Not that photo. 
Rear left quarter in the third photo in your first post. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)