Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Which Key Blanks for '85 Turbo - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Which Key Blanks for '85 Turbo

• Gold FFM

Hi,

Does anyone know which Key Blanks for the '85 MYTurbo Esprit? (All four keys - Ignition, Boot, Filler Caps, Doors)

I have read Vauxhall and Toyota being mentioned - (I presume they are different from each other)

Would a key cutter be able to tell which one?

Thanks

They aren't Toyota - probably all British Leyland.

These look correct for the ignition/boot

AA3 LAND ROVER 1984-91 Ignition Key Blank; MASERATI 1976-94 LOTUS ESPRIT 1976-90 | eBay

and door

62FT British 1970's Door Trunk "FT" KEY BLANK: Jaguar Triumph MGB Rover Austin | eBay

not sure about the fuel filler.

I'd go to a key cutter and ask.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM
4 hours ago, neilread said:

I think they were Suzuki blanks me used.  

Interesting !

I've just ordered what is hopefully a complete set from ebay - so when they arrive and have been tested, I'll put a link to the seller.

• Gold FFM

I have a locking boot, but it keeps irregularly "unlocking/opening" over bumps 🤣. and therefore acting as some sort of aircraft style Air-Brake

So when I get a second key - I'll see where the the "Black-Book-Of-Curiosity" guides me in so far as eliminating this new trait. 

• Gold FFM

All keys arrived, tested and working.

This is where they all came from. The Door and Fuel cap keys needed the correct number, as they came ready cut. The ignition and Boot keys were blanks (AA3 Land Rover), which Timpson's copied.

Seller on ebay is "autoguy-uk"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274679184375

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for a full spare set of keys too but would like to get originals if at all possible. This is what my current set consists of

Ignition - Curtis AA-3 / USA. Key code BLxxxxN

Doors - Wilmot Breedon FT / Made in England

Fuel cap - Dominion Lock (DL)  WS11 / Made in Canada

Boot - HD / BL/RO (this is the same shape as the ignition key. Online sources seems to show AA-3 and BL/RO and related)

I know Lotus made the most of sourcing parts from other manufacturers but to have keys (and therefore locks) made in 3 different countries of three different shapes and sizes seems a bit unusual. I'm therefore wondering if my keys are replacements cut from any available blank. My 1977 Daimler has different door, ignition and boot keys and they are different shapes and sizes too but at least they are all Wilmot Breedon and follow a logical coding system that it is easy to find replacements for.

• 2 years later...

After 7 years holed up in the garage I'm recommissioning my Turbo Esprit to take to Classic Le Mans.

Having only had one fuel filler cap key I decided I really needed a spare (or two).

S.J. Sportscars sent me a blank which turned out to be incorrect.

However, I have now worked out that it is a WASO M series key and have ordered two precut keys from Replacementkeys.co.uk for under £10 delivered ... let's hope they are correct 👍

• Like 1

Keep off the straight and narrow