Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Final Edition Elise Cup 250 - Page 9 - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Final Edition Elise Cup 250

CocoPops

Yes, I asked for body coloured mirrors and plinths. They were a no cost option.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

29 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Did you all ask for colored mirrors or do they come standard included instead of black not like on the configurator?

My dealer messaged me separately months after I placed my order asking if I wanted the mirrors painted as a no cost option. I didn't mind them black as per the configurator, but asked for them painted because it would be very easy to grab a pair of matte black mirrors later, but very difficult/expensive to get a set of colour matching mirrors (this was essentially my strategy w/ the whole car).

I would guess that if your dealer didn't give you the option they'll default to the configurator, which means matte black.

On 17/08/2021 at 09:41, Slow Yank said:

My dealer messaged me separately months after I placed my order asking if I wanted the mirrors painted as a no cost option. I didn't mind them black as per the configurator, but asked for them painted because it would be very easy to grab a pair of matte black mirrors later, but very difficult/expensive to get a set of colour matching mirrors (this was essentially my strategy w/ the whole car).

I would guess that if your dealer didn't give you the option they'll default to the configurator, which means matte black.

Okay, I hope It's not to late

20 hours ago, huage-f1 said:

@Delhard   @JG220

Liquid Yellow and Vivid Green cars look amazing!!

Any chance you can post some pics of the interior, when you get the cars. Mine is (hopefully!) still spec amendable and still agonising over black vs grey interior...

Lotus Verhiest has one in stock with Grey interior 

I had quote for body coloured spoiler only…

spoiler blade £600
spoiler endplates £600

didnt enquire about any other of the aero kit to be painted.

£1200 for spoiler meant I used man maths and paid for full carbon aero kit :lol:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

5 minutes ago, Slow Yank said:

Question for anyone with a Cup 250 Final Edition...

Did anyone get the aero body coloured? I never knew it was an option on any Cup 250, but I've since seen a few with it and I reckon it looks pretty good:

Green 250 Cup (1).GIF

Green 250 Cup (3).GIF

Yellow Cup 250.jpg

First time I have seen a Cup with the complete aero colour coded, the yellow one looks stunning. 

3 hours ago, CocoPops said:

I had quote for body coloured spoiler only…

spoiler blade £600
spoiler endplates £600

didnt enquire about any other of the aero kit to be painted.

£1200 for spoiler meant I used man maths and paid for full carbon aero kit :lol:

OK...makes me feel better. I and probably anyone else would have done the same. As such, I'm guessing it was a NCO option in other years that Lotus decided to eliminate for w/ the FE as they couldn't be bothered, as we've heard them do with some of the other options (like just painting the back light panel, for example). 

3 hours ago, scotty435 said:

First time I have seen a Cup with the complete aero colour coded, the yellow one looks stunning. 

When I was digging around for pics last week, I stumbled across a full for-sale ad from a dealer for a yellow Cup 250 with the complete aero colour coded - not sure if it was that one or not. Tons of pics. I tried looking for it earlier today after I saw that green one pop up (local sale here in Australia...2,400kms on it and selling for more than a similarly optioned NEW FE!). Can't find it for the life of me...that screen shot above was all the googles could find.

The colour coding of the aero - particularly on a lighter coloured car - really makes the aero stand-out, and makes the car look lower than it is. I think it better differentiates the CUP 250 from the standard S3 - or at least makes the car look more like it came from the factory that way, as opposed to just having had the aero slapped on after purchase.

Still, I'd be too afraid of having expensive coloured bits that close to the tarmac\curbing, and would probably still default to matte-black for the sake of easy touch-up/repair.

Edited by Slow Yank

19 hours ago, scotty435 said:

19 hours ago, Slow Yank said:

Question for anyone with a Cup 250 Final Edition...

Did anyone get the aero body coloured? I never knew it was an option on any Cup 250, but I've since seen a few with it and I reckon it looks pretty good:

Green 250 Cup (1).GIF

Green 250 Cup (3).GIF

Yellow Cup 250.jpg

These are late 2020 Elise Cups, guess some kind of special edition?

Never been a fan of there body coloured aero - its big and brash, make a statement with it, trying to hide it just doesn't work to my eyes

@CocoPops car looks great, looking forward to seeing it with the lighter wheels

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

These are late 2020 Elise Cups, guess some kind of special edition?

Could be? Lotus did the same thing with the late S2 Exiges IIRC.

I actually managed to track down pictures of the yellow Cup 250 with the body-coloured aero that I referenced above. It is/was for sale in Australia of all places. Pics for those who are interested:

1ntxpa7azbjfauly8ewhbb0wo.jpg

2elpu3ajcm7b1o0tl0gtt7k73.jpg

2h9xtmfrmswmhz84rukjpqiyw.jpg

cnp65v8rmjvc4nbk74g47tobh.jpg

7qynne1dz4flsoigyz7cxo6v.jpg

ea31nzfdpg4ku21yho04a529t.jpg

covec8a79xdbgj6s0zlayckkq.jpg

That looks stunning, a previous owner of a toxic 250 Cup and could not ever get on with the cheap looking black hardtop, engine cover and front panel. The smaller wing end plates are so much better.

• Gold FFM
On 28/05/2021 at 02:38, kerm111t said:

Thanks Bibs 👍

Out of interest, does anyone know the specific running in procedure for a Cup 250 (for the first 1000 miles)? Heard a couple of varying things...

Welcome to TLF Rob. :welcome:

I missed your first posts. My apologies.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

35 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

That looks stunning, a previous owner of a toxic 250 Cup and could not ever get on with the cheap looking black hardtop, engine cover and front panel. The smaller wing end plates are so much better.

There was an expensive looking and weight saving carbon fibre alternative available. 

16 hours ago, jimichanga said:

There was an expensive looking and weight saving carbon fibre alternative available. 

It more than just looks expensive - at least in Australia, where we get bent over for everything:

$7,999 = Carbon Fibre Hardtop

$2,399 = Carbon Fibre Front Access Panel

$4,299 = Carbon Fibre Tailgate

$9,999 = Carbon Fibre Aero Pack

Oh, and to top it all off, at 30% to the top of any of those numbers as it also gets rorted with Australia's fantastic LCT (Luxury Car Tax).🤬

31 minutes ago, Delhard said:

Wow!!😳

That is some crazy prices!

Yeah, in Australia for the price of equipping your Cup 250 with the carbon bits above, you could buy (from the dealer) a brand new 2021:

• Hyundai Kona, Venue or i30 N Line
  • Mazda 3, CX-3, CX-5 Maxx, or CX-30
  • Mitsubishi ASX, Eclipse Cross, Outlander or Triton
  • Nissan Juke, Navara, Qashqai or X-Trail
  • Toyota Corolla, Hilux, Yaris or Yaris Cross
  • VW Golf, Polo or T-Cross

🤣😭

• Gold FFM
On 17/08/2021 at 12:58, huage-f1 said:

@Delhard   @JG220

Liquid Yellow and Vivid Green cars look amazing!!

Any chance you can post some pics of the interior, when you get the cars. Mine is (hopefully!) still spec amendable and still agonising over black vs grey interior...

H0xDodc.jpg

Here you go. No pics of the interior yet. 

Edited by JG220
  • Like 1

All those that have ordered an FE 250 Cup, I salute you. As a 2019 250 Cup owner I just hope when my Emira is ready, I am in a position to hold on to mine and have both, a great pairing. Not sure that will be possible though.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.