Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The London International Classic Car Show 2007 - Page 3 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The London International Classic Car Show 2007

Bibs

Hi all,

brill and crap weekend rolled into one, the car yes, from a minter on show having a brilliant weekend at ally pally to a f**ked bumper and rear diffuser on the way home( may be more damage to be revealed in the daylight). :crybaby: :crybaby:

Totally fab until 7.00pm tonight. Basically I was checking for cars leaving the service area on my left blindside, I pulled up to the give way from the petrol station after Dave While had pulled away, when a nob in a rover 200 coupe piece of crap drove straight up my backside when he was exiting the petrol station too. I was at a standstill so it was a loud crack noise and jolt. I remained calm through out exchanging details and the lad was apologetic, still he is a total pillock though (i have use tame words as its a public forum).

Dave and Anita wondered why they I had not joined the M1 and turned round and came back after I gave them a call to explain what had happened which was really nice of them. They followed me back until their turnoff just in case anything began to go wrong with the car and I need help and moral support. Thanks guys much apreciated. :thumbup:

I will be sorting insurance in the morning.

The hospitality with Bibs and Laura was brilliant, a top night out with Paul and Vicky too on saturday, great compaany with David, Anita and Martyn and the car show too. I am knackered but ok, i dont feel physically hurt from the shunt, just angry :rant: /sad :no about the car but that can be fixed.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you are ok Alex, the car can be fixed..

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• Gold FFM

Its the 'hassle ' factor and form filling in, that is a real pain and time consuming bit.

Hope you get it sorted and it arrives back mint again.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Sorry to hear about this Alex. If there's anything I can do (parts, repair etc, let me know asap and I'll ask him who knows all. Lotus are absolutely the best when it comes to panel and body repairs.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I've just had a call from Lotus and they are now committed to helping us with our efforts to promote the Esprit and the company at these sort of events. Next show we do, expect great things from LEF :thumbup::rant::no

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Sorry you were let down by the lack of cars Bibs..... If I had a trailor you could have emptied my dining room and put that little lot on display.... LOL

Bummer about your car Alex...... :rant: get it off to the factory ASAP..... don't mess about with no one else.....!!!

Glad the show went well and that from now on Lotus will be supporting us.... thats good news..... :thumbup:

Simon

Chunky Lover

Really sorry to hear about your car Alex, such a shame it looked so good all weekend. Hopefuly the rear bumper has taken the brunt of the damage and saved everything else, lets hope so anyway.

Quite an interesting weekend I thought and I'm sure we all learned quite a lot as well. I've been to loads of exhibitions but being involved on an actual stand gives you an entirely different perspective and of course how the people on the other stands interact with you. I can report that Bibs was on fine form and extensive finger pointing took place over the weekend and was topped off with a Fred Flintstone impression in Alex's car :) .

Saturday was a bit quiet but we still had a fair bit of interest apparently there had been an accident on the North Circular and the police had closed the road preventing not only visitors but some exhibitors arriving as well. Sunday was much busier although when I got there just after 10.00am the stand was deserted :no but Bibs and Co soon turned up and away we went.

The highlight of Sunday morning was billed as a Model Esprit drag race between Bib's and Paul however as Paul's Esprit limped across the table things did not look good :rant: . Undaunted however Paul prepared to overhaul his transmission, however after searching through Laura's extensive tool kit it was clear more tools were needed. Not wanting to let the side down Laura headed for the trade stands a quickly returned with the required tools, Paul set to work quickly removing the body shell and then removing the complete engine / transmission and rear axle in under 3 minutes !. As Paul separated the engine and transmission tension was running high but the look on Paul's face was not encouraging as he diagnosed a cracked differential :) . With no spares to hand Paul and Bibs resorted to customising their Esprits by swapping the interiors. Ah well maybe next time ........

Thanks to Bibs, Laura, Paul, Vicky, Alex, David and Anita for making it an enjoyable weekend.

Martyn :thumbup:

Off to the show we go whoo hoo (late nights dont bother leffers). Paul is just high after eating a chocolate donut. Yeah Man!

1516775345_f1f0cb7fa8.jpg

Then bibs noticed we were running late......"hit the twin ports bibs -make the jump to light speed"....... feel the power of the 1.2 Corsa

1516774803_d490e8c639.jpg

The stand is set, the only way we know is up for LEF

1516765971_9c91e9a9c5.jpg

A lovely pair of Esprits

1517619564_fdeaf26518.jpg

NIce cars from the other side

1517623462_5a3738ce65.jpg

Here are some of the vehicles from the show:

A Jensen

1516777391_5a361752ec.jpg

A Daimler I think?

1516789559_1d21f9990b.jpg

Clint Eastwoods old roller

1517634424_456512959f.jpg

A nice pair of supras

1516780519_db9302d26f.jpg

A mustang

1517633130_66ce049b74.jpg

Classic Jags

1517635550_5c397c98f5.jpg

This was the DeLOrean Owners club stand (

Off to the show we go whoo hoo (late nights dont bother leffers).

Paul is just high after eating a chocolate donut. Yeah Man!

1516775345_f1f0cb7fa8.jpg

Oh thats just great FFS... ;)

Maybe we should have a forum competition where someone has to

produce an (unposed for) photograph of me that does not make me

look like some simple looking chimp?

:)

Oh thats just great FFS... ;)

Maybe we should have a forum competition where someone has to

produce an (unposed for) photograph of me that does not make me

look like some simple looking chimp?

:)

You just made me spit out my drink Paul with that post!!! LOL

Thats your MacDonalds Face......"I'm lovin it"

Oh and not to be out done by bibs, here was Ellie going away this morning to be fixed

1516796759_030ef94192_b.jpg

Edited by Alex --GT3--

Alex, Alex, Alex...

When pointing, doing so behind a reversing recovery truck and not paying attention is a big no-no, as to be fair is having ones other hand pocketed. You will need that extra hand for balance when you move onto 'advanced pointing' so now is the time to get used to having it ready to help.

Keep up the good work! ;)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I've just had a call from Lotus and they are now committed to helping us with our efforts to promote the Esprit and the company at these sort of events. Next show we do, expect great things from LEF ;):):D

I'm in - even if I have to travel 400+ miles south - 358 will be painted by end of the winter. ;) expect to see the 358 at various events next year (all going well)..

Let's starting helping the company by making a big noise about the Esprit over the next cpl of years and remind the Uk why we want our own mid-engined supercar back (Noble, Farboud etc permitting) :)

Edited by M Blur

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Nice one Jon, I'll be taking you up on that offer :D

it's a deal B - we can get some LEF livery on Eleanor along with other sponsors.. no problemo. ;) especially if I paint her same as Ellie;).. hang on.. Ellie..Eleanor.. lol

1517619564_fdeaf26518.jpg

Fastest LEF run at Brighton Speed Trials - jst one on my to-do's next year but main one is to get in at least 1 Time Attack round, Santa Pod and then look round for some sprinting etc. It'll be a season of testing and limited funds so no or little racing - means car will be free for doing the rounds. :)

Still fancy the idea of bringing the various UK racing Esprits together - would be a cool theme but either way the 358 will be available.,

Edited by M Blur

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

I'm in - even if I have to travel 400+ miles south - 358 will be painted by end of the winter. :D expect to see the 358 at various events next year (all going well)..

Let's starting helping the company by making a big noise about the Esprit over the next cpl of years and remind the Uk why we want our own mid-engined supercar back (Noble, Farboud etc permitting) :P

What about the Paul Matty, Lotus Hillclimb champs? Would love to see an Esprit on that :P

What about the Paul Matty, Lotus Hillclimb champs? Would love to see an Esprit on that :D

I think there is a waiting list to join the PM hill climb

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy