Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pauls Exige 410 Sport - Page 6 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Pauls Exige 410 Sport

1 hour ago, Paul_D said:

Hi Mitch,

Sorry, I'd missed this comment. 

I'm very happy with the pads still. They work fine from cold on the road, and (so far) do not make any horrible noises.

I also checked the pad and tyre wear last weekend following my first track day on them. The RS29's have definitely worn less than the standard pads did. 

A single track day is not enough to get a fully representative picture, but although it's early days I would say they are wearing around 20-30% less than the OEM pads.

Happy to hear that. Have you changed front or rear pads as well?

OEM brake pad is Ferodo Racing DS25. I just ordered Ferodo DS3.12. Should have better feedback, which I miss on the DS25. Especially initial bite/initial feedback.

@Toqcars

I did the front and rear pads. Didn't want to mess up the brake balance.

The OEM pads are very good for standard pads, but lack of bite is definitely a weakness. 

With the Pagids I was braking far too hard initially as the bite was so much better. 

• Like 1

Paul, but are front and rear pads identical parts? 

OEM pads are fine for the track as well, that is for sure. I was asking for your feedback because I was afraid that the better pads would be too much for an exige and would mess up the ABS or would made brakes just too responsive therefore unable to modulate. 

No, the front and rear pads are different. Although it's not immediately obvious from looking at the calipers. The top part of the pad is identical, but the shape at the bottom is different. Rear pads are not as tall.

It didn't mess up the ABS, but I was activating the ABS much more to start with. Once I adapted, I was still able to modulate the brakes fine. It's one of the reasons I went for them as I knew they were ok in this respect. On Pagids own page of characteristics, the RSL29 have maximum score for modulation: https://www.pagidracing.com/en/products/racing-brake-pads/product-family-rsl/rsl-29.html

I'd want brakes that have good cold bite for the street. It's ironic I have to get aftermarket pads to do that now trying the ds11-1. If it was the track pad that required heating up.... that would make sense. But for a streetpad to have shitty bite on the street cold makes no sense as thats when you might really need the braking.

22 hours ago, Exx said:

Yeah but they wear out discs and the heat who come from is starting to make my yellow calipers turning to orange !

How much faster do they wear our? 

Drilled OEM started to have crackles around the holes after the first track day with PFC pads. You can handle with them until they reach the exterior of the discs

On 20/03/2022 at 23:31, Exx said:

Drilled OEM started to have crackles around the holes after the first track day with PFC pads. You can handle with them until they reach the exterior of the discs

No cracks with the stock DS2500? I ordered Ferodo 3.12. Will report the outcome, but please note that I have J hook brake disc. 

I am also waiting for the wiper 👍

Your Cup2 looks really nice... looks like uniform wear over the whole surface. In my case, outer edge of the second ring (counting from the outside) has 2-3 mm higher wear than the inner edge. I noticed similar on all of the other cars... this is why we are changing left to right between the track days. 

PS: nice wheel bolt key to protect the wheels 👍

Was good meeting you and seeing the car, its awesome, definitely going to get that subwoofer!

It was a great day out and was the first time for me at that track and also my friend with an Atom which unfortunately was the offending vehicle at the start of the day 🙈

I was hoping to keep up but was no where near 🤣. I think I need to do a few more trackdays there before i'm anywhere near your pace of driving.
It's some track, I managed to boil the brake fluid on the previous session and I think I only made it worse attempting to keep up with you! The drive home was interesting!

• Like 1

@tactical lizard I didn’t realise it was one of the Atoms that dumped fluid. I assumed it was one of the Renaults. LOL. 

Once you’ve boiled the fluid you’re screwed really. You’ll lose all confidence on the brakes. I really recommend just putting Castrol SRF in. In the grand scheme of things it’s not much more expensive than normal fluid, and you know you’ll never have to worry about it. 

• Like 1

Ha you would have thought so, It was a new car to him and first time driving it, it actually was an ex bedford car. But yeah it had a small coolent leak, he got it fixed in the end at 2pm so his day was'nt a total loss.

I have 2 litres of castrols finest turning up today so I have a busy weekend planned changing fluid and pads out, got Oulton next week so hopefully I do a good job haha.

Yep, got a pressure bleeder, a vacuum bleeder, and the AP racing instruction book.  I'm not sure if I will be able to tell when the new fluid comes through so plan on winding the pistons back and drawing through at least 300mm from each caliper. I would have thought that should be enough to flush the lines through.

@Jcx Yeah, the sunlight was starting to be a problem. The camera makes it look a bit worse as it looks like I didn’t get the spot metering right. 

Good spot on the watch! It’s a Black Bay 58 Blue. I really like it. 

Great looking car @Paul_D - I take it you know your MOT is due on Sunday? A mate of mine up here in Scotland was down Newmarket way last week and spotted your car and mentioned it. Said it looked lovely on the road, in front👍

3F9C72A6-9E86-4CF1-B4D1-897E82F53FA0.png

1 minute ago, stephenwhyte said:

Great looking car @Paul_D - I take it you know your MOT is due on Sunday? A mate of mine up here in Scotland was down Newmarket way last week and spotted your car and mentioned it.

Yeah, It was actually supposed to be at Stratton today having a service and MOT, but they’ve got issues and had to cancel. 

That must have been when I was on my way home from Bedford Autodrome that he spotted me. 

• Like 1