Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone received their 390 Final Edition yet? - Page 5 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone received their 390 Final Edition yet?

Matt W

9 hours ago, John Torr said:

Here they are :D  The car is incredible, even only revving up to 4000..  can't wait for some good weather to get the roof off too..  I hope you enjoy picking yours up next week!

IMG_7923.jpeg

IMG_7922.jpeg

IMG_7921.jpeg

IMG_7920.jpeg

Great colour combo! (I've gone for the same on a 420 ;))

11 hours ago, TTim said:

Out of lockdown over the weekend means I had a chance to get this. Went straight to ppf and ceramic coating so a few more days to wait!IMG_20210810_114015.thumb.jpg.6d009f05f46930bd5e64faacf9b6e93f.jpg

Is that solid red or Fire red? Looks solid?

Very very nice! Fire red always looks so different in different photos, its really hard to guess what it will look like in the flesh. You car looks stunning though.

So why both ppf and ceramic? Is that ceramic on some areas and ppf on others? Or ceramic over the top of ppf or something? I'm planning on getting full ppf on mine but unsure of if you should do the back pack areas or if it will look weird by glossing them up at all.

I'm doing the front ppf along with sills and rear arches. Ceramic is being applied over the whole car including the areas with the film. 

It's advised to coat over the film to try reduce the rate of fade. The Australian sun isn't particularly friendly to anything. 

• Like 1

Congrats on the collection it looks amazing just like mine 😬👏👏
Fire red is definitely a colour that you need to see in the flesh to get the real benefit of it. It’s proper epic in the flesh. 
I had the front of mine ppfd then a ceramic coating all over. Really happy with it so far cleaning is definitely easier. 
I’m off for the running in service tomorrow cant wait to take it all the way to 7000 😬

• Like 2

On 11/08/2021 at 09:31, TTim said:

I'm doing the front ppf along with sills and rear arches. Ceramic is being applied over the whole car including the areas with the film. 

It's advised to coat over the film to try reduce the rate of fade. The Australian sun isn't particularly friendly to anything. 

Congrats...you will love it.

I tore up the PPF (did its job perfectly) on the sills after going a little wide at PI, when I replaced it and got a double layer, base layer covered the complete sill, as normal, the second one partially covers it, like the factory, which will make it cheaper and quicker to replace when it gets destroyed next time....and in that part of the exige there will be a next time..

Edited by Robjo

Had my running in service today. 
All good. 
7000 is just peachy 😬

O and they were able to put the exhaust switch on for me. Apparently it’s a bit of luck if the wires are there they can still do it and they were on mine 😁
Now it sounds awesome all the time 😍

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DangerousDave said:

Can you guys post up some pictures of this sill area that should be double coated? I just got some of the alias 23 sills in....

This is my dodgy AF drawing around the area, so the whole sill from behind the front wheel is done as usual then an additional layer over where is it highlighted, which is where all my damage was done and can be taken off and replaced for less than 1/2 the price etc.

IMG_3854 (2)_LI.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Matt said:

All good. 
7000 is just peachy 😬

O and they were able to put the exhaust switch on for me. Apparently it’s a bit of luck if the wires are there they can still do it and they were on mine 😁

That's a stroke of luck. Hoping mine is one of those. 

Anyone have a link for the switch part / part number?

• Gold FFM
On 25/07/2021 at 21:29, mayak said:

When did you order yours? I ordered mine (Sport 390) on the 30th of March and it is supposed to arrive in September (which week I don't know). I haven't contacted my dealership though, if it has been moved out.

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

So what details about it can you give us, or is it going to be a surprise?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 12/08/2021 at 23:42, Matt said:

All good. 
7000 is just peachy 😬

Wow, enjoy! My dealer said they could also do this for my 390 at the first service.. can’t wait.. I’ve had it just over 4,500 a couple of times now and it sounds unreal..

On 09/08/2021 at 00:18, Sam Downey said:

Great colour combo! (I've gone for the same on a 420 ;))

Nice! Also yellow callipers?  What interior colour pack did you go for? Got the roof off this weekend (it was a right faff putting it back on but worth it)..

19FB64E0-1018-4F5D-A723-A7B044C50439.jpeg

AB68511B-CAB3-4440-AB1F-718D846DD56B.jpeg

314A8E2F-B6A3-4154-9F64-223A091375A5.jpeg

• Like 2

On 05/08/2021 at 00:33, Sam Downey said:

Well I did it. I've secured an unregistered new dealer stock 410 and I'm finalising the deal. I went with a 410 over the FEs available because I preferred the spec. A wait for a shipping container is 16 weeks, plus time at sea, plus registration process at my end. I won't see the car until end of January 2022 at the earliest. Enjoy your FEs guys!

So you changed your mind and managed to order a 420 after all?

18 minutes ago, John Torr said:

Wow, enjoy! My dealer said they could also do this for my 390 at the first service.. can’t wait.. I’ve had it just over 4,500 a couple of times now and it sounds unreal..

Nice! Also yellow callipers?  What interior colour pack did you go for? Got the roof off this weekend (it was a right faff putting it back on but worth it)..

19FB64E0-1018-4F5D-A723-A7B044C50439.jpeg

AB68511B-CAB3-4440-AB1F-718D846DD56B.jpeg

314A8E2F-B6A3-4154-9F64-223A091375A5.jpeg

That looks gorgeous mate. Yes I also have yellow calipers, and yellow stitching in the interior. I didn't actually spec it, I was far too late to the party. Mine is dealer stock. I have the standard (is it phantom black?) interior colour. Your interior colour pack looks like it's Azure blue? That must be a very nice contrast.

I like white on these cars....white = motorsport!

14 minutes ago, John Torr said:

So you changed your mind and managed to order a 420 after all?

After putting the deposit down on the UK car I heard from a local club member who put me in touch with the local dealer. I'd previously contacted them and heard nothing back. He changed my mind by undercutting the ex-UK price (which amazed me) with a higher spec car. White was a strong second choice colour too, having seen some on here in the pics thread etc. So yeah, bagged a 420 and I'm so happy! Plus I'd be looking at 5 months wait on an ex-UK car due to the situation with containers and shipping.

So it was pure luck how it turned out.

47 minutes ago, Sam Downey said:

That looks gorgeous mate. Yes I also have yellow calipers, and yellow stitching in the interior. I didn't actually spec it, I was far too late to the party. Mine is dealer stock. I have the standard (is it phantom black?) interior colour. Your interior colour pack looks like it's Azure blue? That must be a very nice contrast.

I like white on these cars....white = motorsport!

After putting the deposit down on the UK car I heard from a local club member who put me in touch with the local dealer. I'd previously contacted them and heard nothing back. He changed my mind by undercutting the ex-UK price (which amazed me) with a higher spec car. White was a strong second choice colour too, having seen some on here in the pics thread etc. So yeah, bagged a 420 and I'm so happy! Plus I'd be looking at 5 months wait on an ex-UK car due to the situation with containers and shipping.

So it was pure luck how it turned out.

Wow that is really lucky.. congrats!! and now you’ll have a much rarer car which just makes it all the more special.. my interior colour pack is actually Essex Blue, and yeah I’m really pleased with it..

• Like 1

Another comment that's probably a bit to late... 

I didn't spec the radio because I didn't really want it, nor did I want to pay for such a basic headunit which would probably get pulled out anyway and replaced with the track. 

Well it turns out, if you option or not the wiring loom and speakers are all still there regardless. 

On 13/08/2021 at 00:42, Matt said:

And do you have some indication / status on the TFT dashboard, when playing with the switch ?
Thank you !