Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone received their 390 Final Edition yet? - Page 9 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone received their 390 Final Edition yet?

Matt W

12 hours ago, Inversed said:

I probably should pick noise insulation as road noise is really high on highway.

I don't know if it's because I have a soft top but mine is loud even with the noise insulation. I wear ear plugs when I drive mine all the time.

Cruise control is useful but not exactly the smoothest implementation. You can feel the car surging forward and then letting off to maintain the correct speed. I wonder if you could retrofit it.

Alcantara protection: I know detailers offer products for this maybe worth talking to some.

I find with the brakes you need to get some heat into them and then they work great, they also seem to last a long time. I'll be sticking with the standard pads long term.

I have additional insulation but no carpets. It's not loud at all. You can easily chat with your co-driver even when over the limit. Never tried without the roof. 

Owners without the cruise control; do you have buttons for in at the end of the right stick?

You can chat with codriver easily as you are 20cm apart and cockpit is tiny, but as far as decibel value goes it's very high on 3k RPM. You need to put radio silly loud to actually hear music well. It's managable, shutting exhaust helps aswell, but I had driven 600km on thursday (mostly highway) and noise starts to be very annoying. Doesn't matter on spirited drives.

You can retrofit the stalk for cruise control easy enough, it's a bog standard Vauxhall indicator stalk & not expensive.

You will need a trip to a main dealer though to get the function switched on in the ECU - most UK dealers will charge around £100 to do this 5 minute job :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Inversed said:

You can chat with codriver easily as you are 20cm apart and cockpit is tiny, but as far as decibel value goes it's very high on 3k RPM. You need to put radio silly loud to actually hear music well. It's managable, shutting exhaust helps aswell, but I had driven 600km on thursday (mostly highway) and noise starts to be very annoying. Doesn't matter on spirited drives.

Correct, but you also seat 40 cm from the engine head 😂 I found it quite fascinating that the thin plastic window between the engine compartment and the drivers head blocks this amount of noise. Also, car is really silent inside compared to the noise generated behind the car (not my words but my friends words who were observing the car from the pits and from the co-driver seat).

It could be that the additional noise insulation makes a huge difference. I really need to seat in your car and test it.  

I had a Superformance GT40 with 6.0 lt V8, throttle body injection, and minimal silencing, prior to my FE 420.

Even with the exhaust bypass switch in operation (which it is all the time), I don't find the 420 too loud in comparison 🤣

• Haha 1

Mine is so stiff that the lock cannot return to the original position, therefore locking/unlocking is blocked. Tried all types of lubrication, no help. It happened when the Exige was 1 week old. Needed to disassemble the door panel to find out where is the problem 😐

I can pull the lock back with the key. Just insert the key, rotate it a bit and pull it back. Ordered new lock, but my dealer disappeared. So have no clue how and when I will be able to get a new lock.

That's a shame, Mitch. if it's any consolation, the same thing happened to my V6 Cup when it was the same age. Can't comment on root cause as I added it to the job list for dealership to sort during the running-in service, but it sounds like you don't have the luxury of support from yours, which is a great shame.

Hi Mitch - same here - it happened to my car just after I got it.  Apologies if it's already been covered but I simply sprayed some WD40 into the lock and worked it round using the key - it was a stiff at first but repeating the process worked and thankfully two years on it hasn't happened again.

I don't want to open separate thread for this, so I will just post some progress on my car here. As stickers got removed when they applied PPF, I had custom ordered new ones. I didn't like color mess on these side stickers, there was white, black and red on a yellow/black car. Dan from Divine Handcraft did an amazing job. Applying them was a bit of PITA due to small parts, but in the end it worked out. He also made rear SPORT text in black, to replace red one, but I haven't gotten to that part yet. If anyone wants them, feel free to message Dan. It should be cheaper for others as design is done now :)

PXL_20220308_104602769.jpg

PXL_20220308_104751825.jpg

• Like 1

On 28/02/2022 at 08:01, Toqcars said:

Mine is so stiff that the lock cannot return to the original position, therefore locking/unlocking is blocked. Tried all types of lubrication, no help. It happened when the Exige was 1 week old. Needed to disassemble the door panel to find out where is the problem 😐

I can pull the lock back with the key. Just insert the key, rotate it a bit and pull it back. Ordered new lock, but my dealer disappeared. So have no clue how and when I will be able to get a new lock.

There is a specific lube they recommend from the factory in the manual did u try that?

On 08/03/2022 at 22:33, DangerousDave said:

There is a specific lube they recommend from the factory in the manual did u try that?

Never heart about the special lube for the lock... where could we order it?

• 2 weeks later...

So after one year of waiting, my Exige finally arrived - without air-con. Thanks a lot Lotus!
Now I can wait another couple of months + the whole car needs to be taken apart again. I will test them on their courtesy on this one.

Edited by mayak
  • Confused 1