Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I'm thinking of buying my first Lotus! Can anyone offer their opinion on this car please? 1.6 SE - M100 Elan - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I'm thinking of buying my first Lotus! Can anyone offer their opinion on this car please? 1.6 SE

Vin Petrol

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202006089921702?include-delivery-option=on&make=LOTUS&model=ELAN&radius=1501&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&postcode=sw62ux&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=relevance&page=1

I don't know much about these cars yet, I've only just started researching. I've owned classics for years but really fancy a Lotus rag top and this one caught my eye. 

Options on price, spec, how sought after this particular model is please.

I'm going to read the guides on here about what to look for when I see it, in addition to all the other pain in the bums to look out for you get with classics :)

P.S. I'm new so hope I posted this in the right bit, sorry if I haven't!

Your best bet is to get over to www.lotuselancentral.com where a few of us from here also hang out with the M100 experts...

• Like 1

Dave.

2 minutes ago, Vin Petrol said:

Thanks Dave! Is that a UK forum? 

Yes, they may even know of the car, ie may have been a forum member in the past etc. Loads of info on there. It will be interesting to see how you get on with it, most people I have spoken to really liked their elans, there is a gut down here in Devon who now has 2 alongside an elise s1.

Agree with comments concerning LEC.

On the face of it I would say it looks a good car at a good price. Hood looks in good condition with the rear screen not milky. Bodywork looks good too but teh drivers seat could do with a bit of TLC

It's an SE so better than the normally aspirated. Mileage is slightly higher than some but I'd say that's reflective in the price and the engines can do multiples of that anyway. 

I get ad no longer available.

The m100 is an excellent car. A lot more practical than the Elise (boot size, driving comfort and getting in and out). Highly recommended. I did a six week trip from Surrey to Italy in mine in 2019, love it.

LEC is an incredible forum and group of people. The best model specific forum I know of.

• Like 1

M100 are brilliant. Lack the ultimate dynamic of Elise, particularly the S1 Elise which is probably the greatest Lotus road car. 

If you are doing long journeys and munching the miles, most will prefer M100. For short blats and hops, Elise S1 cannot be surpassed. I'd probably take Elise for long trips too but I suspect that is a minority view.

Justin 

On 03/06/2021 at 23:34, jep said:

M100 are brilliant. Lack the ultimate dynamic of Elise, particularly the S1 Elise which is probably the greatest Lotus road car. 

If you are doing long journeys and munching the miles, most will prefer M100. For short blats and hops, Elise S1 cannot be surpassed. I'd probably take Elise for long trips too but I suspect that is a minority view.

Justin 

Yea, couldn’t fit all the wife’s shoes in the Elise 😂

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That looks good enough to tempt me back to an M100 again from my Esprit N/A.

Full leather if I'm not mistaken? If service history and mileage <50k, it seems to be bang on the money.