Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sport 240 vs Cup 250 forged wheels - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Sport 240 vs Cup 250 forged wheels

I have found the weights of the Cup 250 M sport ultralight forged wheels, but not for the the ones on the Sport 240.

Does anyone know the weights for the Sport 240/220 forged wheels?

Just wondering how much weight is saved going with the Cup wheels.

• 7 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 09/06/2021 at 11:36, MMCLeung said:

I have found the weights of the Cup 250 M sport ultralight forged wheels, but not for the the ones on the Sport 240.

Does anyone know the weights for the Sport 240/220 forged wheels?

Just wondering how much weight is saved going with the Cup wheels.

Did you ever get an answer to this?  I've always thought a Sport 220 / 240 would look awesome with the Ultralight Forged (Cup) wheels.

14 hours ago, 888mattd said:

Did you ever get an answer to this?  I've always thought a Sport 220 / 240 would look awesome with the Ultralight Forged (Cup) wheels.

I still do not have the information.

I purchased a set of Cup wheels already but the dealer says our 240FE isn't set to arrive until March.  I will post the findings when I take the original wheels off and weigh them.

Yup, I think the Cup wheels suit the stock body quite well.

Attached is a picture of @CocoPops old car on Cup wheels.

68597458_1305556339625088_135859522198568960_n.jpg

Was about to post same pic… given it’s mine :lol:

I never weighed the Ultralights vs Forged, but they are definitely lighter.

I preferred the colour of the forged to the black ultralights.

which is why I had a set of ultralights refurbed in anthracite for use on my Cup250FE.

4A306471-1310-4CE4-81EC-081A7FC7CD79.jpeg

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Strangely, all the 220s I have seen had fit black Ultralights.

My Ultralights are silver, but I do like that anthracite as well.  Would be a good match/swap for the anthracite 240FE rims that will come off my car.

Off-topic, but I'm itching to see you fit the carbon rear transom onto your 250FE @CocoPops

The standard (only) colour was black. Then in Cup250FE they did an option of diamond cut.

black is better for track work, with brake dust etc but I never really liked the black.

yea, must get on and fit transom!

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

@CocoPopsI'm quite sure that Silver Ultralights were also an option, possibly at no cost, on the Cup250 (pre FE).  In May 2020 I configured this Sport 220 and photoshopped Silver Ultralights from the Cup configurator.

@MMCLeungI like your thinking.  Did you purchase the Ultralight wheels from Lotus as new parts?  What is the spec of your 240FE?

Elise 220 Front.png

@888mattdI purchased my Ultralights from Seriously Lotus, from the link here.  

They are from the same manufacturer (Rimstock) as OEM Lotus Ultralights, but they do not have the Lotus lettering on the rim edge.  (Attached pic is OEM Lotus Ultralight, CocoPops' Ultralight in the above post would be from Rimstock).  

If @CocoPopspurchased his Ultralights from Seriously Lotus as well, I believe black was the only option until recently.

But yes, silver Ultralights were OE optional before 250FE.

My 240FE would be similar to your photoshop, so thanks for the render! haha  

Is that your car?  I remember a member from another forum had a custom spec just like that.

Mine is Heritage Racing Green, option 2 trim with yellow stitch, yellow interior colour pack, poly back glass, CF sills and CF tailgate.

lotus-elise-s3-S4513702-11.jpg

That is @sjwold Fire Red Cup 250 iirc with silver wheels.

• Like 1

Thanks @MMCLeung, appreciate the info on the wheels.

Not my car unfortunately.  In the first week of Feb 2021, I approached Bell and Colvill to order a Sport220 in this spec.  Empire Green with Tan Leather.  The FE's were then announced and I managed to get a 240FE build slot instead.  I ultimately ended up cancelling it (a decision is hugely regret).  I've bored the forum with my story over on the main 240FE thread.

I'm liking your 240FE spec.  Heritage Racing Green was also my choice.  Poly carb back glass seems to be rare.  Also an option that I had ticked.