Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Headlight motor - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Headlight motor

On my Eclat, the right headlight no longer goes up. But the relay switches, I think that the motor is defective. Where can I buy an engine?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be just a sticky mechanism. Assuming the Eclat 2.2 is the same as the (early) Excle, there is a knob under the motor you can just reach (going under the bumper) and turn. That will manually raise or lower the headlight pod and will allow you to feel how smooth everything is working. You can also turn the lights on and then turn the knob, to help to motor and see if it works once the initial friction is overcome.

I think the motors are Toyota, not that easy to get to unfortunately.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 1 year later...

Sorry, für die späte Antwort, ich hab einen Motor vom TR7 gekauft - ist Baugleich, funktioniert aber wegen der Elektrik nicht.

Kein Problem - hab ich für meinen TR 7 einen auf Reserve.

Meine Scheinwerfer funktionieren wieder - Fehler war nur ein Kontaktfehler bei der Kabelverbindung

Helmut

That reads:

Sorry for the late reply, I bought a motor from the TR7 - it's identical in construction, but it doesn't work because of the electrical system.

No problem - I have one in reserve for my TR 7.

My headlights are working again - the only fault was a contact error in the cable connection

Helmut