Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lightweight/Dry Cell battery options? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lightweight/Dry Cell battery options?

Go to solution Solved by Bravo73,

I’ve got a V6S and I’m looking at replacing the standard, heavy Bosch battery. I’d love a liteblox option but the cost would prohibit some other mods with my current budget. 

I’ve seen brands such as Powerlite and Braille. Are these still a worthwhile option?

I don’t think I’m running anything too heavily on the electrical system, but I do have a habit of leaving my dash cams plugged in which kill the current battery from time to time. A trickle charge later and it’s fine, but I’m thinking this would be bad news for anything Lithium to run it so low 😬

Any tips or recommendations for cheaper but still reliable options would be good. Also any links to brackets, although I can possibly get one made up.

Finally, does anybody know the minimum cold cranking amps I need for the V6S?

Edited by WayneG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Lots of good info in this thread:

Thanks, with that thread being a couple of years old though, I was hoping for some advances since then. That fire image sure doesn’t appeal though 😬😬

So I had thesame question 2 years ago, at the time I went for the antigravity, which was the one sold by the SSC partner. I would not recommend them, the one they recommended was probably too small, 420 amp I think, and then the ghost drain was crazy, the batery could not hold the charge for more than 2 days without bring unplugged. I am more annoyed by the service than the battery, what they promised when selling the battery was just not there, and I had nothing from their service after one year, when the battery would not hold the power for more than a day.... oh yes, and at that point they told me to buy the expensive Ctek charger because the one they sold me a year before was not powerful enough on the initial charging ? what ? at my cost ? Anyway, I guess the minimum required would be 600 ? I have the liteblox now, it is just reall good, and the fact that you can control it from your plhone is really good. These are the ones I have tried.

Edited by chumaxa

4 minutes ago, chumaxa said:

So I had thesame question 2 years ago, at the time I went for the antigravity, which was the one sold by the SSC partner. I would not recommend them, the one they recommended was probably too small, 420 amp I think, and then the ghost drain was crazy, the batery could not hold the charge for more than 2 days without bring unplugged. I am more annoyed by the service than the battery, what they promised when selling the battery was just not there, and I had nothing from their service after one year, when the battery would not hold the power for more than a day.... oh yes, and at that point they told me to buy the expensive Ctek charger because the one they sold me a year before was not powerful enough on the initial charging ? what ? at my cost ? Anyway, I guess the minimum required would be 600 ? I have the liteblox now, it is just reall good, and the fact that you can control it from your plhone is really good. These are the ones I have tried.

Thanks, it looks like cheap costs you dear with these things then. I was just hoping there might be a good balance out there of cost vs weight saving. 

1 hour ago, WayneG said:

Thanks, with that thread being a couple of years old though, I was hoping for some advances since then. That fire image sure doesn’t appeal though 😬😬

In which case, more often than not, it’s better to add to the old thread than start a new one. That way, everyone can keep track of how the gen develops. 

18 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

In which case, more often than not, it’s better to add to the old thread than start a new one. That way, everyone can keep track of how the gen develops. 

Noted for the future. 

Somebody has recommended an Antigravity battery option. These sound great so far as the battery shuts off when it detects it’s low. Ideal for me when I forget the dash cams are plugged in as you can hit a remote and it all fires back up again.