Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Black Elite LHD - Page 3 - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Black Elite LHD

Dion

Hi Tony,

Brake servo is on the other side (LHD)! 😁

Bracket seems much too heavy just for a cam belt cover.

The hose is visible in the third picture. Engine runs well and no coolant is coming out of that little hose.

Thanks for thinking aloud. 

Sorry , trying to answer your questions with Doris the dog going mad as fireworks are lighting up the sky and very loud explosions. 

Just now, Doris the dog said:

Sorry , trying to answer your questions with Doris the dog going mad as fireworks are lighting up the sky and very loud explosions. 

Oh!!! Forgot about left hand drive😂😂😂

Tony 

Yes, I agree with @TAR.

Looks the same as mine on my Eclat. On mine there is another pipe attached to it which just vents to atmosphere at the bottom of the engine. Not very good for the planet but hey ho this is a Lotus were talking about. The 1 advantage is, it coats the underneath of the chassis with oil for preservation purposes!

I have K&N's fitted. I think originally the breather pipe goes back into the airbox. (But I am nearing 70, and have had this set up for the last 30+ years!)

You could always connect the crankcase breather to a catch tank to prevent contamination of your engine bay and the road surface.  There's also a possibility of pulling toxic fumes into the cabin via the bulkhead plenum drain - check the hose is intact.

Pete