Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Invite to exhibit at the British Motor Show - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Invite to exhibit at the British Motor Show

maydharm

Hi All,

North Kent Lotus Group have been invited to represent Lotus at The British Motor Show, Farnborough International, GU14 6FD, Thursday 19th - Sunday 22nd August.

We would like to extend this invite to Forum members. For those wishing to join us, we would only ask that you become a member of NKLG (£5) in order to be covered by our insurance.

This iconic show returns with a new format celebrating all things motoring. They will be putting on 3 live stunt shows per day with Paul Swift in the live arena. There will be classic car parades, record breakers, solar cars, live tests, mountain bike displays and over 30 National owners clubs will be displaying their pride and joys, including NKLG. Tim Shaw and Fuzz Townsend from Car SOS, Mike Brewer from Wheeler Dealers and Motoring expert Mike Rutherford are among the celebrities attending this fantastic show.

This event is free to drivers, and for those choosing to attend all 4 days your passenger will also go free. You are welcome to attend however many or as few days as you wish, if less than 4 days you will receive a 10% discount code for you passenger.  Press day is on Thursday (over 1000 press passes have been issued) so this is the day to really promote Lotus.

For those wishing to stay in the area we have negotiated a good rate with The Holiday Inn, just 10 minutes walk from the show, this includes bed, breakfast and evening meal. As the event is being held within the airfield the security is extremely tight, therefore it will be completely safe to leave cars in place overnight if you are attending consecutive days. Please let us know asap if you wish to come along.

Home - The British Motor Show

Jon & Michelle Langridge

Events Organisers NKLG

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Hey Jon, I'll check my work calendar for Thursday 19th to see if I could come along in my Esprit if you still need more cars. Have you got any more info in terms of times one would need to arrive to park up for display, etc.?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to us, it would be great to have you and your Esprit attend. You would need to be on site before 9am until 6pm

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

If any of you are interested in visiting the British Motor Show that runs from the 19th - 22nd August the link below will give you a 10% discount on adult or family tickets

If you go to https://thebritishmotorshow.live/discount and then enter the code NKLOTUS a 10% discount will be applied. If you do attend please come and introduce yourselves, we ( North Kent Lotus Group) will be on stand CB16 in the classics arena.

If you fancy attending one of the days with your Lotus PM me and I will try to get you on the list. 

Cheers

Jon

Hi All,

We still have spaces at the British Motor Show if anyone is interested ( only 1 space for Thursday press day) Will need to be quick as we have to give vehicle details (Reg, Model) to the organisers. The event is free entry for the driver and the NKLG membership fee has been dropped.

Cheers

Jon

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

Glad you had a good time and thank you for your kind words. It was great to meet you and have your lovely Esprit gracing our stand. Hope to see you again soon.

Best regards

Jon & Michelle

P.s

In the last photo, chap scratching his head and the younger one to his left are the father and son engine builders for car SOS, they came to chat and look over the different cars on our stand every day. 

• Gold FFM

The black and red Esprit looks great in the rear 3/4 shots. :wub:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Well done NKLG, very tempting display, wish I could afford an Evora (well, I could if we moved house to Jaywick, it`s true ...)

In the event and in the event, I was on the Citroen stand a few yards away with my 1978 GS Basalte.

Thank you, you should have come over and said hello. The DS Cabriolet was lovely, I had to point it out to lots of visitors. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Jon - yes, will hopefully attend some future events too, and will sort out membership shortly. That pair certainly didn't need to do any work on your very shiny engine, they could have cleaned up mine though while they were there!

Ramjet - thanks, I'm still trying to work out the best angles for an Esprit, and the light that day was very annoying...

Basalte - I loved the Citroen stand and their presentation through the decades, that was really interesting and nicely put together.

• Like 1