Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Short shift adaptor - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Short shift adaptor

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Love it! Keep me informed and put my on the order list.

BTW: That was my post on Lotustalk. Meanwhile into the third Lotus and would eagerly do the mod again.

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

@TBD Kudos for such brilliant idea! Surprised no one actually make the move of the adaptor so I thought I'd give it a go.

I will be receiving the second mock up by next week and will keep you posted.

I have no intention to make money from it so I am going to make few and give it to anyone who are interested:B)

@TBDyou are on the list indeed. :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nordschleife666 said:

I am interested, does it fit the new shifter cars?

Yes it does mate, will put you on the list :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

I’m interested too, so please let me know once you’ve got it setup.

Absolutely, will put you in :D

Would this work on the Evora too?  Just a thought.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

1 hour ago, keith84_hk said:

Yes it will, we're all using the same EA60 gearbox with the same shift lever. Just the crossgate lever is different for later models (Exposed shifter) but we are not touching that here.

Ohhh. Put me down please and thank you. Happy to help re contribution to costs as you should not be out of pocket.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

5 minutes ago, keith84_hk said:

The current mock up is 3D printed in Stainless steel, but I am thinking CNC it in aluminum for the production batch. Should be robust enough?

The cylinder on the adaptor is fairly thin (5.5mm), depending on the hard push I wonder whether or not aluminium would finally break here...
Stainless steel would be much stronger, but certainly at a higher production cost 😐

1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

Ohhh. Put me down please and thank you. Happy to help re contribution to costs as you should not be out of pocket.

Absolutely! Will put you on the list mate :thumbup:

It's fine with the cost as I am planning to make 10 sets anyway :) 

2 minutes ago, Martrack said:

The cylinder on the adaptor is fairly thin (5.5mm), depending on the hard push I wonder whether or not aluminium would finally break here...
Stainless steel would be much stronger, but certainly at a higher production cost 😐

Thanks for your input, if that's the case probably stainless steel is a better option then, let me talk to the CNC guy and see if they can make it in stainless steel as well

• Thanks 1

On 20/08/2021 at 07:42, Metsuki said:

Hi there,

Would be glad to be on the list!

And would pay for it!

Absolutely, have put you guys on the list.

Again I have no intention to take any money, It's for my own fun and I will make 10 sets to giveaway.

Perhaps the interested parties will have to pay for the postage and that's it :B)

• Like 2

Hi Keith, Looks like you have made a popular part for the EA60 gearbox shifter. Great idea from @TBD and for you to develop it in to a working prototype.

I know it is a work in progress but as @Martrack has pointed out there is a sharp corner where the pin attaches the body this could be a stress point in the design?

Once you have developed the finished part I would also be interested in one.

Will be following this thread with interest.

Hi Mark. Thanks for your input. I think @Martrack was concerning about the material strength which we are now going to make the adaptor from a one piece solid CNC stainless steel.

I understand the new shift point could stress the original arm/lever so if you look at the design, the adaptor was actually covering most part of the arm/lever so the stress could be spread across instead of at one single point.

shift force.jpg

That's a great idea and is very similar to the short shift modifications performed to Renault Sport Meganes! 
Please can you add me to the list, happy to cover any costs.