Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My Evora N/A projects - Page 2 - Evora Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My Evora N/A projects

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've got @EvoraBob's old VX220 and can confirm the attention to detail and quality of Bob's work.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

They're certainly not lightweight items, but I'd say not significantly different to the standard discs (in weight).

Cost was £958.80 (including shipping) for the pair of fronts, with their C83 facing (short straight grooves).  There are five facings to choose from:

F2000 - long curved grooves
Sport Japan - drilled and grooved
C83 - Short straight grooves
D95 - drilled only
ZERO - plain braking surface

Adam Rogers at websales@tarox.com is very helpful and can answer any questions you have.

• Like 1

Great post to date 

On 16/10/2021 at 19:34, EvoraBob said:
On 16/10/2021 at 19:34, EvoraBob said:

Got the Evora a treat delivered today. A 2bular rear exhaust system and it sounds awesome compared to the Lotus sports exhaust.

20211016_090638.thumb.jpg.2e64596fd25affaff3bdb1c1d8645aaf.jpg  

What exhaust did you have before and any photos?

Edited by Celica

3 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

For what it’s worth I can recommend the Lotus Sports Exhaust above.  It’s obviously no 2bular but it’s made by Janspeed and was a costly upgrade back in the day.   I have on mine and I think it sounds superb, especially compared to the very quiet standard Evora exhaust…

I had one on mine, with the 2bular headers and a 200cel sports cat and I can confirm what Dave says, sounds superb!

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 14/09/2021 at 21:31, EvoraBob said:

Some parts are staring to arrive for various projects during the winter months when the car is off the road.

20210914_205957.jpg

What parts, part numbers and costs if you don’t mind me asking for future reference? 

42 minutes ago, Celica said:

What parts, part numbers and costs if you don’t mind me asking for future reference? 

The cost of the parts for the suspension rework was about £1000 which includes all the hardware, paints, toe links, drop links, ARB bushes, brake pipes, h/brake cables t/r ends  plus any other parts as listed above.

27 minutes ago, Celica said:

Noticed you had black callipers to red; did you repaint those? 

My calipers were black from new. They looked ok but once refreshed the other parts they looked dull, hence why I repainted the calipers. The Evora new with a sports pack was with black calipers then on the later ones had the colour choice.

• 1 month later...

Done a lot of research on forums, websites, YouTube and speaking to K&N, Ram Air and ITG etc regarding engine air intake filter systems as I was thinking of the BOE kit to replace the standard current system on the Evora NA but the price was expensive Vs the gains. So I have just completed my own system using a Ram Air sponge filter a new MAFF tube, joiner and hose. The results are fantastic with the air intake suction whoosh noise but the best is the extra performance when you hit that sports button and having a 2bular exhaust the sounds are excellent. The other good bit is all done for less than £100. Spent a lot of time testing and trying different systems and designs and now happy with what I have achieved. 

20220125_200742.jpg

20220127_204028.jpg

20220127_204358.jpg

Very clever but for spanner like me I went for BOE kit 

had it installed this week so still running it in and seems likely for another 200 miles to be sure

eish I had done it couple years ago as the £500 plus would be returned but in couple years it will still be 

get a lovely smoothness and increased growl given I have a upgraded lotus sports exhaust maybe with other Larini types it make even lovely sound however I am happy with what I got 

49 minutes ago, EvoraBob said:

I have just completed my own system using a Ram Air sponge filter a new MAFF tube, joiner and hose.

Hi Bob, very intriguing!!! When you say its your own system, can you clarify what you had to buy and what you had to presumably make yourself? I don't really understand these things but did it need anything else, i.e. messing with the ECU etc...? Looks great by the way...