Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
PJS Lotus announcement - today 27/08 - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

PJS Lotus announcement - today 27/08

Lotus Eleven is brilliant - just not sure I would want to drive one on the roads these days, it feels so small. And is small! Busy SE England is not the best place for one, so rules it out for me. 

I'm getting old - I keep my distance when in the R5 GT Turbo, as any modern hitting that is going to leave me much worse off. 

Justin

On 29/08/2021 at 15:39, C8RKH said:

However, the reason WHY Lotus survived was in a large part down to the enthusiasm of its owners. It does feel to me like Lotus are sticking two fingers up at their loyal customers who have stuck with them through the good, and the bad times, and I think that is what is grating with some.

It seems some people are going to end up feeling like Les Dennis did a few years back

It’s a shame, but as they say “ Business is Business”

21 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Seriously @C8RKH buy an older car. The Evora is sublime - but simply isn’t as raw as an esprit. 

If you think an esprit is raw perhaps you should try an exige

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

A nice Esprit GT3

Some would say one of the best. All I see is a down tuned Italian market engine being used up by lotus and a downgraded gearbox that’s made of brittle toffee. 

Only here once

Hmmmm. I need to do some research. Problem is I don't like the big spoilers on the later Esprits and the GT3 little ducktail is iconic in my eyes...

A V8 is totally out of the question due to the prospect of huge rebuild fees.

12 hours ago, Francisco Franco said:

It seems some people are going to end up feeling like Les Dennis did a few years back

It’s a shame, but as they say “ Business is Business”

Not really!  If Lotus make cars I don't desire others will. And with the creeping nanny /surveillance state coming maybe a new modern sports car is not for me.

It's hard to be disappointed with a gorgeous red Lotus in the garage already to be honest. I get as much pleasure looking at it as driving it.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Performance spec on a gt3 is much the same as the S I owned as my first esprit. I have to say the balance of that car was fantastic and a real sweet spot - but if you’ve had a tweaked S4 then frankly @C8RKH you wouldn’t think twice which option to go for.

• Like 1

Only here once

possibly one of a number of current dealerships that will no longer be.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

@PhilT   Quite right to defend your corner. I had a few Europa Specials in the 90s. Loved them all and brilliant on A and B roads. Not so much fun on a dark wet busy motorway. Gordon Murray has a Europa, so enough said. 

I'll stick with Elise S1 - which ain't much fun on a dark wet busy motorway either.

Justin

• Like 1