Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Build quality of lotus sports and 2bular - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Build quality of lotus sports and 2bular

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have little experience of the lotus sport (although I think my S2 exige had one) but I and many friends have installed 2bular on various cars. I put 2bular on my exige S3 which I just sold and will be buying one for my inbound evora 400. I don’t think you can get a better made exhaust. Sound is subjective but there are that many options from 2bular and Jim (owns 2bular) is so helpful at getting you the right exhaust that you will struggle to go wrong 👍

• Like 1

Had a lotus sport on my S2 Exige 240 and had only covered about 8k miles and sufferd internals rattles.

Replaced with a 2bular H2 chamber exhaust now done 30k no problems 

But might be a while before you get it but after all I've red every time  I phoned Jim he answered and was polite 

• Like 1

I changed my std exhaust to a non valves  2bular  with decat 8  years ago and love it. I think it sounds slightly better than the Lotus sports one a friend had on his. But unless there is anything wrong with your current system I wouldn’t swap it for a 2bular - I’d spend the money on manifolds 😀

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a 2bular valved on my S at the moment (came on the car). I'm going to try the stock valved one (looks like this one) as I do actually find the 2bular a little loud, and need to get the car onto trackdays.

Anyway, here are some static noise tests at 5,200rpm at brands hatch for reference if anyone finds it handy in the future:

Sport mode off: 94db (although this seemed a little strange, the valves didn't open, I know they are supposed to open automatically at certain rpm but maybe this doesn't happen when stationary?!). This would just about pass brands hatch, but they suspect not on a drive-by test

Sport mode on: 109.5db. Ouch

• Like 1

On 02/09/2021 at 07:51, Whitey said:

I changed my std exhaust to a non valves  2bular  with decat 8  years ago and love it. I think it sounds slightly better than the Lotus sports one a friend had on his. But unless there is anything wrong with your current system I wouldn’t swap it for a 2bular - I’d spend the money on manifolds 😀

Is your friends with a decat too?

i might know of a lotus sports and decat used for sale hence asking and trying to decide 

• 3 weeks later...

I got the Lotus Motorsport exhaust with the car and have since then replaced all other exhaust components to 2bular. Only problem is that I've had to modify the Lotus Motorsport silencer to be able to repack it. Have done it twice and have to do it again. 2bular have a solution without sound dampening material, so if that goes into build quality, 2bular is way better.

• Like 1

I've had the 2bular H2 version on my s2 for 30.000miles now all good and fitted well also fitted a decat pipe to another exige but not so easey to fit as the flange was tight on alignment but got it done and nicely made 

IMG_20191012_135013060.jpg

IMG_20191012_135024021.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 10/09/2021 at 19:27, 92spicer said:

I've got a 2bular valved on my S at the moment (came on the car). I'm going to try the stock valved one (looks like this one) as I do actually find the 2bular a little loud, and need to get the car onto trackdays.

Anyway, here are some static noise tests at 5,200rpm at brands hatch for reference if anyone finds it handy in the future:

Sport mode off: 94db (although this seemed a little strange, the valves didn't open, I know they are supposed to open automatically at certain rpm but maybe this doesn't happen when stationary?!). This would just about pass brands hatch, but they suspect not on a drive-by test

Sport mode on: 109.5db. Ouch

I'm going to go back on my original comment... turns out my car didn't have the vacuum reservoir added when the BOE intake was added. This basically means the exhaust valve was open all the time.

Since adding the reservoir, the 2bular exhaust with sport mode OFF sounds like the normal exhaust with sport mode ON. 

And with sport mode ON, the exhaust is loud all the time (although personally still find this a little loud!)

• 1 month later...