Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira UK Roadshow - Page 23 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira UK Roadshow

Evotion

Thanks, Mark - your photos are by far the best indicators of how the FE colours realistically look. The red and deeper grey look especially great to me. That green really is dark, though; I suspect it only 'pops' under direct, strong sunlight!

3 hours ago, PhilCP said:

Has anyone seen a sample of the ice grey leather yet?

What interior are people choosing who have opted for Senaca Blue?

They had this sheet of samples at Hethel with ice grey. No disc type sample of it though....

PXL_20211029_131707846.thumb.jpg.d993b9cf1803c88c74f22a0b3ec4e298.jpg

• Like 2

Wow! Great photos guys,  much appreciated :thumbsup:

Just look at these four variations of red, so difficult to capture properly and it seems to change all the time. (Top one is Bib's photo taken inside.)

red1.jpg.fb2e2cdbfe8e912dde4e7b50086a847b.jpgred2.thumb.jpg.eb9ff3a19bb2a3e6e8f2a1b4ee9f9260.jpgred3.thumb.jpg.01a0fa64326ededdcf09c9923d51c85b.jpgred4.thumb.jpg.7cb5238653d1a83c40ca4640c9a125d3.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EmiraSi said:

They had this sheet of samples at Hethel with ice grey. No disc type sample of it though....

PXL_20211029_131707846.thumb.jpg.d993b9cf1803c88c74f22a0b3ec4e298.jpg

Great to finally see a sample, even if only small. 

Still undecided though. Grey, tan or alcantara. Decisions decisions

4 minutes ago, duncx said:

Wow! Great photos guys,  much appreciated :thumbsup:

Just look at these four variations of red, so difficult to capture properly and it seems to change all the time. (Top one is Bib's photo taken inside.)

red1.jpg.fb2e2cdbfe8e912dde4e7b50086a847b.jpgred2.thumb.jpg.eb9ff3a19bb2a3e6e8f2a1b4ee9f9260.jpgred3.thumb.jpg.01a0fa64326ededdcf09c9923d51c85b.jpgred4.thumb.jpg.7cb5238653d1a83c40ca4640c9a125d3.jpg

Here's a couple more I took of the red inside with and without flashPXL_20211029_132145224.thumb.jpg.5d5259dd3db74ecbd3af236e10d8eff6.jpgPXL_20211029_132154165.thumb.jpg.7d9431c71aa90d748e6e8ebbfd26f4d8.jpg

Here is an indoor red from me.

To be honest the variation does not surprise me on red.  I think it’s a three layer paint so will react very differently under different light conditions.

A9D00AB8-1382-443B-8919-F3CF8BB3FF77.jpeg

1 hour ago, Pugwash said:

As promised.  The “cars” parked on the grass outside Hethel HQ.  It was overcast (usual British weather).  I have more photos and from different angles so if anyone has any specific requests let me know.

And a big thanks to Scott and the entire Lotus team for an informative and enjoyable session.

ACBEFC7A-8730-48AB-BC13-69514384DA38.jpeg

5873F743-2EF7-450B-B0C9-A94EBB275D1B.jpeg

942B1ACB-D523-4288-BB12-92767CB4A4EB.jpeg

Wow! The red has blown my mind!! 🤯 Cheers for the pictures 👍🏻. When I saw the red disk at the Bristol event I was a bit put off but seeing these has totally put a spanner in the works!

...and for me.

The flat yellow, which was my first choice, is a little underwhelming in the photo featuring the colour choices (and someone's leg/foot!).  Hethel yellow is probably less impacted by an overcast day than the likes of the red and the green, but equally it doesn't pop in the sun.  Red or yellow.... hmmmm....

5 minutes ago, Dommo said:

When I saw the red disk at the Bristol event I was a bit put off but seeing these has totally put a spanner in the works!

Same here, totally put off by the red disc sample I saw at Central and I've spec'd yellow with my second deposit - not so sure now. Aaargh, this is torture! :rant: :lol:

Edited by duncx

I asked about photos of cars in all colours today and was told it was happening. The same guy told me next "couple of months" and "next two weeks", so it sounds like it is happening but not sure when. He did say before the 3rd deposit/order confirmation though.

• Like 2

Photos of full sized cars would be great ....but..... I would drive to Hethel (7 hour round trip) to see them in the plastic - if allowed. :yes:

Edited by duncx

21 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

To be honest the variation does not surprise me on red.  I think it’s a three layer paint so will react very differently under different light conditions.

Agreed, even in person I think red was the one that differed the most in different light. Nimbus seemed the most consistent to me, but I wasn't looking at yellow or blue so can't comment on those.

13 minutes ago, duncx said:

Same here, totally put off by the red disc sample I saw at Central and I've spec'd yellow with my second deposit - not so sure now. Aaargh, this is torture! :rant: :lol:

😂😂. I've gone for yellow too but I spoke to Lotus (chat) today and was told we won't need to give a final choice until early next year when we'll lock in the build slot.

7 minutes ago, duncx said:

Photos of full sized cars would be great ....but..... I would drive to Hethel (7 hour round trip) to see them in the plastic - if allowed. :yes:

Just over 4 hours for me today... watch out for speed camera vans on the road from the A11 to Hethel if you do go 🤦 or try not to think too much about paint colours as your leaving!

The fish, chips and mushy peas were a nice surprise though!

Edited by EmiraSi
Forgot about the snacks

7 hours in the car today for me.  Unfortunately there was a serious RTA at Royston involving a motorbike which closed the road adding nearly an hour to the trip.  Still worth going though.

The red seems a lot like a candy apple red, though maybe a touch on the brighter side. I definitely think it's the best one coming out of these photos though. 

Maybe the verdant green will stand out a touch more with the black pack contrasting next to it. But it seems overall most of the color is lost since the light is diffused or something, just making it reflective or black mostly.