Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Front axle lift system - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Front axle lift system

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ditto with a V6 Exige. While I have scraped the underside of the splitter from time to time, aside from a few badly made exceptions, normal speed bumps don't bother it. Getting off my reasonably steep driveway is also fine. I'm expecting no problems in this department for the Emira.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marclurr said:

Getting off my reasonably steep driveway is also fine. I'm expecting no problems in this department for the Emira.

I have had this issue with the gt430, up and down my driveway which was quite noticeable for a few seconds, until I had SWLC make some set up changes, it is much better. (already posted about this in an Evora thread)  But there is still no way I can get down onto the road in the same way as I could in my Evora S.

Looking at the Emira at FOS it looked fine, much like my first Evora. If there is a GT4 road version of the Emira, then I expect I could have the same problem.

My last excel always hit the road humps/traffic calming measures outside a local school when I lived in Hertfordshire, even driving at walking pace.

Just now, exeterjeep said:

I have had this issue with the gt430, up and down my driveway which was quite noticeable for a few seconds, until I had SWLC make some set up changes, it is much better. (already posted about this in an Evora thread)  But there is still no way I can get down onto the road in the same way as I could in my Evora S.

We may have different definitions of "reasonably steep" :) The first day I had my Exige I did lightly scrape the underside of splitter coming off the driveway. I now come off slow enough that the dampers don't compress, but I appreciate that sometimes this isn't enough. 

28 minutes ago, marclurr said:

We may have different definitions of "reasonably steep" :) The first day I had my Exige I did lightly scrape the underside of splitter coming off the driveway. I now come off slow enough that the dampers don't compress, but I appreciate that sometimes this isn't enough. 

Here is a pic of the bottom of our shared driveway.

DSCF3066.JPG

Pictures rarely do inclines justice, but I imagine turning left there would nearly always result in a scrape on my Exige, especially as the camber of the road effectively raises the height of surface at the noise point. And it looks to be on a main road and blind bend so you can't exactly hang about doing 1mph. Looks like a really lovely place to live though!

Edit: And going up I think would be alright tbh, but the nose of the Exige is quite a bit shorter than the Evora, so less likely to foul on the way up.

Edited by marclurr

The protruding ankle-busting lip of my Evora GTE can be a concern on slopes, ramps and speed bumps. Here’s a side-on close up from my Black Art Graphics diagram. As you can see the ramp angle which Bibs mentions is actually very shallow, when compared to a regular Evora. I don’t think the relatively short overhang of the Emira will be much of a problem.

whMuAn4.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marclurr said:

Pictures rarely do inclines justice, but I imagine turning left there would nearly always result in a scrape on my Exige, especially as the camber of the road effectively raises the height of surface at the noise point. And it looks to be on a main road and blind bend so you can't exactly hang about doing 1mph. Looks like a really lovely place to live though!

A few years ago a lwb transit delivery van got stuck coming up from the far side and turning right up the drive, his rear wheels were lifted off the tarmac.

The lady next door can get her Nissan truck and horse box down and turn left but not back up. There is another way to our place but that is not good for the lotus either.

• Like 1