Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sarah Everard murderer gets “whole life” sentence. - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Sarah Everard murderer gets “whole life” sentence.

LotusLeftLotusRight

OK, shall I go down my local nick (or any that remain open after the last 10 years of austerity cuts) and make the Super " an offer he can`t refuse " , "hounding" a man who happens to be equipped with Handcuffs ,Batons, Riot shields, Armoured vans, Tasers , Horses-and with the power to arrest and detain you for any offence to enable a "prompt and effective investigation" (ie anything they deem to be prompt and effective). That usually means at least 6 hours in a cell (due to lack of staff to process prisoners) then interviewed then quite often released without charge.

" My "hounding" might end unhappily for me ! 

I think that a sense of proportion must come into play here.

They are the Police Force , not trainee souffle-chefs. 

No problem for me if a suspected rapist - significantly an acquaintance of the murderer of Ms. Everard  -of whatever occupation-is being investigated. 

We need and trust the police to protect the public-and I fully support them in that role- and 90% of the time they do precisely that.

And with a proven bullying blowhard of a Home Secretary to contend with, putting them in harm`s way for her own selfish ends ? That is on the horizon. 

But the Police role is unique . They have wide powers to enforce the law and use physical force to do it. In doing so they have a particular obligation to obey the law themselves. 

And if they don`t , yes they have to be held accountable by the media and society as a whole.     

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
18 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

For an alleged offence that happened some 13 months ago with no physical proof other than her word against his.

He should absolutely not have been named prior to being found guilty. 

Every member of the public in the UK are innocent until proven guilty. The Police service is unique in that they are the only people in the UK who are guilty until proven innocent. Even to the point where, if a Police Officer tries to save someone from drowning/jumping off a building etc and are unsuccessful, they are automatically referred to the IPCC and often suspended from their positions. They are given a lawyer by the Federation and even though they know they only tried to help they could easily be dismissed or prosecuted.

I am all for Police Officers being accountable for their actions but it goes far too far when just by being the last person to have contact with someone they are considered guilty and investigated when everyone knows they are innocent! Likewise if a Police Officer is going to a 999 call on blue lights and someone else causes an accident, even if the Officer was not involved his license is suspended while its investigated! 

Dan is right, it has gone too far now where when one bad Police Officer is found guilty of a horrendous crime all of a sudden the whole service is scrutinised. That's like saying after Peter Sutcliffe murdered all those women, Truck Drivers were all tarred with the same brush!

Bad people are bad people. Its rare for them to get into any emergency service but no amount of vetting will read their thoughts!

I see a Nurse is being investigated for potentially murdering a lot of babies. Are the Media going to target all nurses now? No of course not because there is no band wagon from the Govt to jump on in knocking the Nursing service, unlike the Police!

• Love 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Totally agree with that ^^^^^^

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

I see a Nurse is being investigated for potentially murdering a lot of babies. Are the Media going to target all nurses now? No of course not because there is no band wagon from the Govt to jump on in knocking the Nursing service, unlike the Police!

Given the numbers, the sheer volume in fact, of "clergy", especially Catholic, but not wholly, both men and women, who have been accused and convicted of sexual and physical crimes against children, and others, it is amazing that anyone would step inside a church these days and feel safe. Or, that anyone would even contemplate being alone with a member of the clergy. After all, if one or two coppers can put every woman in the country in fear........    

Yes, a gross and ineffective generic branding of all the Clergy as being bad in that para above. Total nonsense of course. Not necessary at all, of course. But just put there to make the point that you would not tar all the Clergy with the same brush, why are the police being tarred in that way?

Hmmm, Shipman!  Better not go to your GP, prospects don't look too good there.

Can't remember the name of the Surgeon who was signing his name/initials on peoples organs, or the medic who used his organ to generate hundreds of kids in IVF instead of using the intended fathers sperm.

Again, I blame the BBC and the Media for this imbalance in reporting and for this scapegoating.  Poor journalism at best. The BBC and the media really should be ashamed of themselves in general.

As if on Q!

https://news.sky.com/story/estimated-330-000-victims-of-child-sex-abuse-in-french-catholic-church-since-1950-commission-finds-12426390

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!