Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 132 - Lotus Eletre - Page 13 - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 132 - Lotus Eletre

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
6 minutes ago, Chris_H said:

Soul Teaser can’t be many more now!!

Lets hope no more........

Spring starts tomorrow......supposed to be launched THIS  spring......

29 minutes ago, Chris_H said:

29th March 2022 so def this year😀

so good news, the first of todays post did not say a date, ~

I also just got an email from lotus with this. I was just a bit of jest about how long spring may last this year...

From facebook Lotus  says..

Christiano Gomez it will be out before the launch. Not long

On 08/11/2021 at 13:16, NedaSay said:

Here comes the hotstepper...

"Elevo" is on time and so is its factory, it seems

https://www.trademarkia.com/uk/elevo-UK00003614980.htm

Word Mark: ELEVO
Current Status:
Withdrawn
DEAD (Circa: 2021)
  • Like 1

I suppose a couple of weeks for the name  to be announced and then a couple of weeks for the countdown?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jonwat said:

Somewhat worrying if it really is intended to compete with the Aston Martin DBX.

Seems highly unlikely to me, but why would a magazine like Autocar make that comparison?

“You can’t have too many bikes"

16 minutes ago, eUKenGB said:

Seems highly unlikely to me, but why would a magazine like Autocar make that comparison?

And PistonHeads :driving:

Cheers,

John W

Wonder what sort of reveal it will be, in the UK, or in China, or only online, and if it will be at a time suitable in both locations.  May be have to get up early if in China?

I agree - I like the look of the surfacing and design details, but it looks too long and heavy at the back. A shorter rear overhang and roofline might have made it sportier and less like the Citroen C5X. An EV SUV Lotus was always going to be controversial and I wonder if they would have been better rolling out the lower saloon or more compact SUV first, although presumably this will be the better option from a sales/profit perspective.

Reading the great first Emira reviews, does make me question how "Lotus" this will be. Fingers crossed they have found construction or battery innovations to keep the weight down a little.

• Like 2

They went with the Cayenne competitor first based on SEA. Some won't have to wait too long for the more compact version  This should be a comfortable and sporty SUV with a massive boot. and able to go the distance... Ideal to make the trail to the slopes in style.

It is very close to the Zeekr 001 because they are the same car essentially but the Type 132 appears to be riding higher  while the Zeekr is billed more as a shooting brake...

The design on that face will probably polarizing. I can't say that I like  it looking at the render. the LIDAR that pops at the top top of the windshield makes no sens to me, it could have been fixed and not articulated, that solution is not esthetically pleasing to me lotus-type-1322.jpg?itok=prElqIRg

lotus-type12.jpg?itok=2juzCOzz

The 3/4 view shows how much the bumper will protrude...  it is not my cup of tea but I'm not on the market for a full size crossover anyway so...

lotus-type1323.jpg?itok=gzZfETM5

The profile is more pleasing to the eye imo. The vehicle is long and  rather low slung but the wheels do look ridiculous with low profile tires...  Really hope there will be an option for regular properly winter rated tires with tons of thread and sidewalls to fill the void around them. The only way this vehicle makes to me, considering its size, is long distance cruising in poor conditions if the range is indeed superior to 600km on a single charge.  But of course it will mostly be seen in urban centres, at upscale malls and country clubs. Well there will definitely be room for multiple golfbags in the truck and definitely four passengers and their carry-ons.

On 08/03/2022 at 18:10, NedaSay said:

The design on that face will probably polarizing

I hope it looks better in the flesh, those registered designs being mono probably make it looks worse.

And no new teasers recently either, and we do not yet know how/where the reveal will take place...Less than 3 weeks to find out.