Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Stonor Supercars & Classics - 21st & 22nd May - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Stonor Supercars & Classics - 21st & 22nd May

Mark Blanchard

From the look of the website and the art, if your male and your name isn't Henry, you ain't getting in.

• Haha 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

So, I went to supercar Sunday on its launch year and last year too.

There are some nice cars there and some that are quite rare. IMO the carpark is as, or more, interesting than the main show. The first year, they had a great idea of parking any nice cars near the entrance to the show so there was a really good 'car show carpark' near the entrance a bit like the supercar parking at Goodwood. Unfortunately they ditched that last year, this, mixed with lots of rain, meant there was an interesting sight last year of anyone with a RWD car parking on the grassy hill having a hell of a time getting to a parking spot without getting bogged down or beached.

The queue to get in was huge because the approach to Stonor is a tiny little lane that you are cramming hundreds of cars +local traffic down. Took about an hour and a half to get through the queue last year if I remember correctly.

Last year (probably due to lots of rain) lots of show cars left quite early so it got a little threadbare by lunch.

They have spotty mobile connection there which can mean the food vans have problems with their card payments (has happened both years I've been there) take some cash just in case.

Nice grounds to wander around. Owners are generally friendly and up for a chat around their cars. Not sure I would need to go every year, but worth dropping in once in a while.

• 1 month later...

Nice photos. I’d take the copper Lamborghini Silhouette. Imagine seeing that on your local High Street in 1978. That’s when seeing a Lamborghini in the wild was a once every few years experience. I got chatting to the owner of a very early chassis number (prototype?) at a local car show a few years ago. The seats had stereo speakers in the head restraints. Imagine that in 1976! 
By the way do you know what car Brian Johnson brought with him?

• Like 1