Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V Belt and Pulleys - alternative parts?? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

V Belt and Pulleys - alternative parts??

Hi Folks

So my trusted workshop is embarking on a major service on my 2012 Evora S and as part of it, I am going to replace the V Belt and Idler Pulleys as a preventative measure - they are past their best for sure.

Can anyone provide manufacturer part numbers (EG SKN) or alternative part numbers for these?? (including the V Belt?) 

I am shocked by the 'lotus tax' on these!!!

A132E6153S Pulley, Idler 50mm

A132E6514S Pulley, Idler 60mm

A132E6515S Pulley, Idler Internal 52.5mm

B132E6500H V Belt

Many Thanks!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Tolerances on this?  a few CM variance on the combined pulleys could be well within the scope of the tensioner range of operation......but I wouldnt take risks with this.

I just find it hard to stomach paying 5 times a sensible price for 4x  pulleys!. When a comparable product from a quality manufacturer can be sold by them including a profitable markup at a quarter of the Lotus price!

13 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

I’m really, really surprised that ES couldn’t find you an alternative. If anyone could, I would’ve bet on them. 

I imagine that @Bruss feels the same. 

kinda put it in their hands as to which service to apply as although car is a 2009 it has done no miles so they opted for a "c" service to be sure but can only repeat what i was told about belts !!! 

10 hours ago, JayKayEll said:

Cheers Bob

But these toyota pulleys come back as 70mm? whereas Lotus list them as 50mm??

image.png.a3b8f9df0459da95b41d518bf74f54a5.png

You could be right in your findings, as I got the info from a Lotus forum giving OEM parts cross reference numbers and I have not used them.