Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Upgrading from one Exige to a another? - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Upgrading from one Exige to a another?

Frimley111R

Have any of you 'upgraded' from an older model to a newer one? If so, was it worth it and what changes/improvements were there? I'd man-mathed my way to a 410 but am wondering if a normal S would be fine and save me £25k. Head says S but heart says 410. 

Off to drive an S on Tuesday and then will try a 410. I was set on the 410 but looking at someone's S on Facebook made me think it looks fabulous enough and is still rapid. 

I would say a big part of it depends on intended usage. 

Road use only, and a normal S should be more than enough to keep you entertained.

Several track days planned? The extra power, chargecooler, gearbox cooler, J-hook brakes, 3-way Nitrons, and Cup2 tyres all make the 410 an 'out-of-the-box' track weapon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frimley111R said:

Have any of you 'upgraded' from an older model to a newer one? If so, was it worth it and what changes/improvements were there? I'd man-mathed my way to a 410 but am wondering if a normal S would be fine and save me £25k. Head says S but heart says 410. 

Off to drive an S on Tuesday and then will try a 410. I was set on the 410 but looking at someone's S on Facebook made me think it looks fabulous enough and is still rapid. 

I had the same dilemma and have recently switched from an S2 Exige 240 to a 410. 

Intended use case is certainly part of it but the other missing variable is which Exige do you have right now. 

For me it’s about more than the power upgrade a komotec upgrade gives you. 

I loved my Exige S, 3rd gear acceleration was rapid, quite fast enough. 

It perhaps felt less exciting on motorways but on fast A/B roads, it was perfection. In the UK, you really don't need more on the road. The McLaren with 616bhp is wonderful but the Exige was more satisfying. 

Justin 

Exige V6S is the best looking S3 of all to my eyes - lovely glass back window and no matt black panels + easily fast enough for UK roads.

410 much better for track use though, chargecooler, gearbox cooler, baffled sump, more power, open gearchange, better clutch, nitrons, forged wheels, 2 part brakes, lots of lovely carbon.

V6S still looks better though :)

• Like 1

I’m contemplating going the other way.

I want to “tinker” with an Exige quite heavily but feel it’s possibly wrong to do it to a final edition. So I’m thinking of stepping to an older one and going to town on it.

Hell Slo has given me an itch..

On 09/07/2022 at 15:31, Bibs said:

There are a couple that have already had the Komo-Tec treatment in the classifieds...

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ad-category/cars/exige-v6/

Thanks, TBH it's not really the power that's the issue. The S is rapid enough.

22 minutes ago, 390ja said:

I’m contemplating going the other way.

I want to “tinker” with an Exige quite heavily but feel it’s possibly wrong to do it to a final edition. So I’m thinking of stepping to an older one and going to town on it.

Hell Slo has given me an itch..

You'll be bankrupt following him and his mods! 😁

• Haha 1

Had a S for 3 years and after driving a 410 on track was impressed by the sound and extra performance. Went the upgrade path with no regrets...

Website with information and pictures PBB St Tropez convertible Esprit:

http://www.lotusespritconvertible.de/