Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
3D Printers - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

3D Printers

ramjet

• Gold FFM

So I am looking at getting myself one.

I don't need multiple extruder heads or the ability to print in metal.

I have been looking at the Reality Ender 3 V2 and the Anycubic Vyper. The Vyper costs more, but not much more than the Ender if you were to add the upgrade to enable to Ender to auto-level its bed, but the Ender will always have only the one Z drive screw on one side of the gantry vs 2 on the Vyper. There are other things that make the Vyper look like a good deal.

Does anyone on here have any experience with either of these printers?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I have also been looking at the Ender 5, but again, for the same price as the Vyper, you still have manual bed leveling and the bed is cantilevered off a single Z axis screw. The only advantage of the 5 is the footprint doesn’t need to be bigger than the frame size. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

And now I have been told about resin 3D printers.

Why is everything so difficult?

• 5 months later...
  • Gold FFM

We bought our 25 year old son Liam (who still lives at home) this 3d printer for Christmas. What an amazing piece of kit, Sharon has a new printed jewelery box, there were various new printed objects appearing around the house.

20230105_224749.thumb.jpg.df30a161e8792228e8269134e641a8f6.jpg

So I showed him these drawings for a drill guide that @gmendozahad sent over. 

Got home from work today to find this on my desk.

20230105_224556.thumb.jpg.5118f884e1ce149f739bed5383c1b7cd.jpg

The gift that keeps giving. 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

I bought myself a Creality Ender 5 Pro. Having some fun with it.