Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Finding my late fathers Elan - M100 Elan - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Finding my late fathers Elan

C-wing

Hi all, first time posting here!

My father recently passed away in a car accident. As a memory to him, myself and my siblings would love to find and purchase his first ever car, a Lotus Elan. I have nothing but the registration of the car so was hoping for some help -J959PPK.

Any help / guidance would be massively appreciated!

Sorry for your recent loss.

You might get more info asking on http://forum.lotuselancentral.com/index.php which is specially for the M100, and has lots of owners. Searching that site for the reg comes up with an  ebay sale in 2008. There are a number of facebook groups for the M100 as well.

See it passed an MOT a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

....the reg comes up with an  ebay sale in 2008......

J959PPK is white, located in Cleveland (too far away for much of the population to view) with a non standard burgundy interior (nice if that's your thing, but non standard and arguably a bit much on a whitey) and with S2 wheels. It's an NA. It has only a partial history, and the immobiliser has been by-passed. If it's as easy as that to restore, why wouldn't the owner sell with a working, functioning immobiliser? One side light isn't working - has it got an electrical gremlin?

The alloys and bodywork look good in the pics and the rear screen looks top-notch.

The Buy It Now is an over-optimistic £4,250.

10 hours ago, Rambo said:

The Buy It Now is an over-optimistic £4,250.

On sale where?

Cheers,

John W

12 minutes ago, jonwat said:

On sale where?

The references entered above were taken from a LEC posting when the car was for sale back in the day.(2008). There was also mention that is would be worth closer to 3250-3500. 

Back then M100 were really even cheap. Recall seeing one on South West AT that went for under £2k.

I have added a thread on Lotus Elan Central to see if anyone on there knows about the car. Although many on there are also on here and vv.

• Like 1