Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Delco injection Esprit fuel pressure tester - Page 3 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Delco injection Esprit fuel pressure tester

tomcattom

• Gold FFM

Yup, that was all fine when I checked a couple of weeks back @AndyPG.

That 5psi drop is for a warm start is it not? The only references I could see in the EMH manual to fuel pressure that mentioned any drop back were all in a relation to a warm start. Doesn't mean it shouldn't do that from cold too, but certainly doesn't say definitively in the manual that is should drop back when cold. The new regulator definitely appears to hold a more stable pressure after priming; it didn't drop back as much or as quickly as the old one.

As a means of comparison when I next have the car up to temperature I'll do a start from warm with the pressure tester attached and see if it drops back by the advertised 2.5-10psi under those conditions.

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
9 minutes ago, tomcattom said:

That 5psi drop is for a warm start is it not?

Hi Tom,

The only difference between a cold start and a warm start for the FPCV is the amount of vacuum it sees.

Obviously, the vacuum would be less on a cold start due to the IACV being in a more open position.

But enough vacuum should still exist on a cold start to pull that fuel pressure down a few psi.

This might be a wild goose chase but but my car operates this way and doesn't cut out.

Let's see what the warm start pressures are doing before we beat this around more😊

Andy.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Third day in succession with a cold start without stall :happydance:

I also had chance to run it up to temperature and get a video of the fuel pressure on a warm start. Priming pressure starts much lower but the pressure when running is about 10psi lower than the running pressure from a cold start, which does seem to match what the EMH manual suggest. I don't know how soon after a cold start it actually drops back to that lower pressure. I've not run it with the pressure tester hooked up from a cold start for long enough to see.

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

Hi Tom,

Looks like it's fixed then. Initial priming pressure looks a bit lazy but I think we should just put that down to "the Esprit factor" and get out there and drive the thing.

Andy.