Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MX5 Headlamp Conversion - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

MX5 Headlamp Conversion

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I agree with @pbharcourt. Brilliant article. I have often though of this conversion but never got round to it. (my pods actually stayed down for a couple of days using the vacuum for a long time) However recently they have been popping up which I hate. So I will be using your conversion. Many thanks. :thumbsup:

I converted mine earlier this year, and I saw your original post during researching ideas, but I wasn't happy with having the big hole for the override knob on the top, where water normally collects and so would pour onto the motor, so I've fitted mine in a similar way but have the motors the right way up and the access hole underneath. image.thumb.png.479acf526ad662a8b76666f005de28e3.png

• 1 month later...

Thanks Michael, Denis, my motors have arrived today, so I'm just reading through your notes now. Does everything still work as described if the motors are flipped 180 degrees in the bracket? I like the idea of the drain hole in the bottom. Presumably the key dimension is the crank arm ... and the length of the connecting rod can be adjusted, depending on the height of the motor in the bracket? If it's flipped? Best, Al

• 2 months later...
On 24/07/2022 at 19:07, black eclat said:

I have been asked a few times over the past years for details of this particular conversion. Back then, my pictures were hosted on TinyPic and now long gone.

But seeing as all my inlet valves are bent, I have had time lately to capture all the details of this conversion so its attached here for posterity. (This time I have a back up so if any one wants a copy via email, just send me your address and I will happily send on a copy)

Hope it helps some one.

Michael.

Lotus Head Lamp Pod MX5 Motor Conversion.docx 3.09 MB · 85 downloads

Hi can you please send me a copy of the conversion, many thanks Simon