Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Elan 60th anniversary picnic at Lotus Hethel - Classic Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Elan 60th anniversary picnic at Lotus Hethel

The Modifier

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just to bump this topic with an update in that Classic Team Lotus will be opening up for tours of their works in return for a £25 donation for charity, details are on the website www.classiclotuselan.com

Also we are taking "interest" bookings for Lotus factory tours to be run by Guy Munday

If you are planning on coming along in your Elan, please register for a free ticket on the website.

Regards

Alan Thomas

Edited by The Modifier
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Just now, Rambo said:

Is that Jim Clark's old Lotus type 25? (4th photo down, RHS)

Yes that's right, it won again last week at Goodwood driven by Andy Middlehurst, absolutely creamed the rest of the field. link to Youtube video

• Thanks 1

Many thanks for that it looks like it was a great day,  feel a bit gutted I couldn't go.

The photos brought back a few memories from when we (me and the old man) took the elan S4 SE up to the factory a long time ago. Accidentally met Clive at classic team lotus, bit different in those days, didn't know who he was but seemed thoroughly nice. I remember seeing the vx220 production line. But the highlight for me was having an indepth discussion about the Elise S2 suspension and tyre development whilst going sideways around the test track with a nice chap called gavan.

• Like 1