Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TPMS and Alloy Wheel Refurbishment - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TPMS and Alloy Wheel Refurbishment

Go to solution Solved by Bibs,

I've looked at a number of Evoras recently and many of them have some damage to the wheels, mainly only minor scrapes.

Having mainly older cars I've never really thought about this but has anyone any experience of dealing with alloy wheel refurbs where a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System is fitted?

Are the sender devices removable?

If so, is this an easy thing to do without damage?

Do they need recoding when refitted if indeed this is an option?

I can't imagine that alloys on modern cars couldn't be media blasted and powder coated, but I've had a dig around the forum and haven't found an answer.

I'm hoping someone has done it in case I find the perfect car, but it has a kerbed wheel!

Thanks as always :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Solution

They're removable and are identifiable by different valves so everyone knows to be careful when removing the tyre. That said, if they've been on the car a while there's a chance they'll be seized on (VOE) so best order new ones. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Good tyre / wheel refurb places will know how to treat them and make a record of which sensor cane off which corner. 

Had 1 place years ago break the sensor off one wheel from a Jeep, when changing a tyre, they were just an Isuzu 4wd 'dealer'. 

There are other threads on coding any aftermarket sensors you can get - does not apply to TPMS after 2017 ish as these are different.

• 7 months later...

Updated my Autel TS501 TPMS reader a few weeks ago, today whilst looking at some MG3 wheels for the M100, tried the Evija option and it managed to read the sensors on my 2018 Evora...... which would seem then that it may be possible to program the Autel sensor for an Evora if programmed as a Evija?

Did not try connecting the reader to the car by the OBD2 port though.

MaxiTPMS TS501                

Vehicle Make Tested: Lotus Evija 01/2021-12/2022(433MHz)          

Test Performed On: 2023-5-30 2:24:2            

Test Performed by:                
Owner's Name:                
License Plate No:                
Model and Year:                
Comments:                

Wheel BCM ID Hex BCM ID Dec ID Hex ID Dec Pressure Temperature Battery State Modulation OEM Part #:
FL     81D4E955 2178214229  27 Psi 17.8 °C OK 433FM  
FR     81D4F748 2178217800  26 Psi 16.7 °C OK 433FM  
RR     81D4F9AF 2178218415  29 Psi 20.0 °C OK 433FM  
RL     81D4F105 2178216197  30 Psi 17.8 °C OK 433FM  
SP Untested Untested Untested Untested Untested Untested Untested Untested Untested

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Evora, Exige ,3-11 options and the Evija on my TS501 all have an option to program an Autel sensor as they mention the Lotus part number A132G6017F.

Did try reading a couple of Emira's in the showrooms but this did not work, so I assume the Emira uses another brand/model sensor.

• Like 1