Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Auxiliary air valve, AAV - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Auxiliary air valve, AAV

Mark113

Hi,

I am in the process of refitting the ancillary parts to my engine and have a question regarding the AAV.  The two images show the AAV after an hour in the freezer (the wider opening) and at room temp of about 70 degrees F. The opening closes fully when voltage is applied to the heating element. Do these openings look about right, the manual just says it should be open when the engine is cold but doesn't specify a temperature.

Regards,

Mark

PXL_20221107_174231516.MP[1].jpg

PXL_20221107_164730084[1].jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My memory is a little shaky, but yours looks to be working OK. (The opening is the same as the ones I have tested at room temp, never put one in the freezer, tho'.)

Here is a video explaining the Principle of Operation and a demonstration of functioning and non-functioning AAV.

At ~4:20 the opening looks to be the same as your top picture. Long as it closes fully when 12V is applied to the plug, I'd say you are good to go.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

This same part (or very similar) is used on the Porsche 911s from ~ 77' - 83'.

I remember some in depth work on these on the forums where they compared known good to supect units.  The exact values will be slightly different but the principals are the same.  If that video does not answer your question you could google on the 911 forums and find some info that may be helpful.  

Thanks Gents,

I'd seen that video and was pretty comfortable with the operation of mine but wanted a second opinion, so thanks for the input. I'm new to this CIS so am enjoying the learning process. 

Cheers,

Mark