Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Harness Bar -Options - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Harness Bar -Options

So after Silverstone I think I've got the the lateral limits of the Recaro's in combination with a standard 3 point belt.

I've had a nosey at the only "local" harness bar option , namely the komotec one which looks cumbersome and tad OTT as it removes any capacity the rear seats have for gear to and from a TD. So have I missed something and does any one know of a UK supplier of a simpler version such as the SSC one from Aus.

If not I'll probably have to bite the bullet and get in touch with SSC.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

SSC Evora harness bar proving very popular in the US.

Available for 2+0 and 2+2 cars - different fixings supplied.

Once mounts are fitted is easy to remove the bar when not needed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

There is a harness option which doesn’t require a bar. Details in this thread here:

Thanks Jonny, hadnt picked up on that. Do you know if there's any pics about it it ?

What's the collective thoughts on taking the shoulder straps back to I'm guessing one of the rear seat upper mounts .

• 1 month later...

So after looking at options and solutions to this I've gone for the SSC option , 14 day from trigger pull to it arriving today , not bad with Christmas and New Year in the way. Will be going in as part of this year's layup work. (See other post in projects) Looks to be a solid and well made bit of kit with all the fastenings and a nicely machined bracket for fitment.

DSC_0048.thumb.JPG.93383f409df2d822e8b39430bd149333.JPG

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Looks good. I'd be interested in your feedback as to how much it kills the usability of the rear seats (which at the moment I put a small child in in a car seat) if you don't mind? I.e. would you need to remove it, and if so how long does it take?

It will kill the usability of the back seats for small humans and will need to be taken out , I'll post pics on my projects thread when it's in to give you an idea. It would need taking out for family use. Not a problem for me as all the back seat is used for is squashy bags and snacks if we're travelling anywhere.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/01/2023 at 15:02, Intrepid said:

Looks good. I'd be interested in your feedback as to how much it kills the usability of the rear seats (which at the moment I put a small child in in a car seat) if you don't mind? I.e. would you need to remove it, and if so how long does it take?

@Intrepid see below , I certainly wouldn't thread kids though the bar .. and it's not an easy bolt in bolt out job.

DSC_0079.thumb.JPG.0bd0b325b433c46cf75d562f91799237.JPG

See my build / project thread for more info

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/116121-the-white-evora-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1006403

• Thanks 1