Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BUGATTI IMPROVENT - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

BUGATTI IMPROVENT

THECAT
Go to solution Solved by Rambo,

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Best to have a look at some topics on LEC  ie

http://forum.lotuselancentral.com/index.php

That forum is dedicated to M100's and has loads of tech advice/info/manuals etc.

They  also maintain http://wikilec.com/view/Main_Page

Bought my M100 S2 in March last year, it rattles, not as well built as the excels I used to own. But easier to get in/out of (esp with hood down) when compared to my other Lotus.

Stating the obvious but Bugatti never built any Lotus. I'm not even sure Bugatti owned Lotus. A Switzerland based holding company owned Bugatti and Lotus, run by Romano Artioli. 

Lotus built all Elan M100 at Hethel in the UK. The S2 were built from engines left over from the ceased S1 production. 

I can't detect any noticeable build quality differences between S1 and S2. They are both pretty good, the key is good maintenance and care. Manufacturers always claim a new model is 'better'..... it's not necessarily true...but can be! 

There are no FHC M100.

Justin

As Justin says they never built a FHC, but had worked on the design for a removable roof, but don't think it ever went any further. Some folks have made their own hardtops sometimes converted from ones off MGF/TF. Think there was also an aftermarket one - but with limited success.

Are you looking at one of these with a hardtop?

• Solution
3 hours ago, THECAT said:

WHEN BUGATTI TOOK ON THE BUILD FOR THE  LOTUS ELAN M100 SE WAS THE  BUILD SPECK BETTER.  CONSIDERING A 1 OWENER FHC CAR AND ONLY 48THO MILES CAN  YOU LIST THE IMPROVEMENTS THANK YOU 

No, they just cobbled the old Lotus bits together to form the S2. One advantage was galvanised rear wishbones though. 

S2 marginally slower than the SE and 16" wheels vs 15". Closed O2 loop rather than open. More Marmite colours, better gear cables, 1 of only 80 limited editions etc....

• Thanks 1