Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Boost Gauge and Sender V8 - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Boost Gauge and Sender V8

Hi to all !

Two years ago I decided to install a Boost Gauge for my 2001 Lotus Esprit V8 right under the stereo system.

Since I wanted the instruments to match the dials of the Esprit, I chose the factory OEM gauge and sender from the early V8 cars :

A082N4036F - BOOST PRESSURE GAUGE (1995-1998)    

A082N4042F - SENDER UNIT for TURBO BOOST GAUGE 1995 onwards  X1

Everything worked perfectly until last years when it just stopped working.

Which part do you think failed : The Gauge or the Sender ? Is there a way to check ?

Thanks !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You can check the guage with a calibrated pressure input (e.g medical hand-pump).  If the gauge responds, then you can assume the sender.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Don't discount option 3: the wiring between the sender and gauge. A poor earth or corroded connection can play havoc with instrument readings.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.