Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Will I fit?!! - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Will I fit?!!

DaveW72

Hello. I'm new to the forum but am considering my first lotus purchase. I'm roughly 6ft 2in or 185cm. I'll be looking to track any evora I may purchase on the future. Just wondering if any other tall blokes can fit in their evora with a helmet on? Thanks for any advice the community can offer. Cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There are 3 different seats in the Evora, depending on which year you are looking at. 

The early cars are fitted with lovely Recaro's which sit nice and low. For the Evora 400 onwards, Sparco's were fitted which site higher and the Sport 410/430 had optional carbon buckets which I would say are the lowest choice. Different folks have different leg/back length which can affect fitment but the Evora was made for 95% of all sizes to fit in comfortably so it's quite roomy inside. You could always change the seat but with something low/thin enough, I'm sure you'll be fine in an Evora with a lid. 

PS Welcome! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Ian @mayevora does Castle Combe in his Evora SR.   Has his race lid on  and fits, may not fit in an Emira though. Ian is quite tall.....

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF @DaveW72 :welcome:

Hope you can work things out.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

@DaveW72 I’m also 6’2” and weigh around 15 stone. I regularly track my Evora with a ‘big head’ helmet on. There’s no problem with headroom, although I have the carbon bucket seats and the Recaros may give you a higher driving position. However, you should be able to adjust this without too much difficulty. 

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Ian @mayevora does Castle Combe in his Evora SR.   Has his race lid on  and fits, may not fit in an Emira though. Ian is quite tall.....

6”6” and 20 Stone here. No issues whatsoever even with helmet with Evora.

Good hunting 👍😁

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

My 6’-4” son fits into my Evora with his skid lid on, no problem. He even (just about) fitted into my Exige  although we had to leave the roof off or his head would have been tilted sideways!

Here he is driving my Exige with more normal Chapman height me in the passenger seat.

F0CEA798-BD74-408A-B22D-777FE5E7E42C.jpeg

Seeing that picture again has made me realise just how much I miss that car. ☹️ There are a few of my cars I regret selling and that Exige is probably one of the biggest regrets. Mind you, I couldn’t get out of the bloody thing with the roof on, so I guess it couldn’t stay.